***Burn Quality Hall of Fame**

vbimport

This a supplement to the “Post your BenQ DW1620 media here” started by Eagleclaw. The purpose of this is to isolate the truely distinctive amazing burns. This will be a great thread to refer anyone to when we claim that BenQ burns the highest quality discs of any burner made! :iagree:
So, here are the requirements to post here:

[ul]
[li]Minimum CD Speed quality score is 99%
[/li][li]Maximum PIE Value is 20
[/li][li]Minimum size of DVD burnt is 4300 MB
[/li][li]Minimum burn SPEED is 12x
[/li][/ul]
Please adhere to these rules, NO marginal exceptions, PLEASE

Now for some organizational requests…please include typing the key information from your burn and scan in body of your message (Media code, Burn speed and time, Quality score, PIE total, PIE max, PIF total, and PIF max). If you posted your image already, then just use the “Insert Hyperlink” and point to the individual post.
Good luck, and I hope EVERY BenQ owner has an oppurtunity to post multiple entries to this list!

Okay, well I’ll be the first in with my “signature” burn…
Media: TYG02
Burn speed: 16X
Burn time: 6:07
Quality: 99%
PIE total: 15,035
PIE MAX: 15
PIF total: 29
PIF MAX: 3

LINK to SCAN

Here’s another entry…
Media: TYG02
Burn speed: 12X
Burn time: 6:31
PIE total: 10,304
PIE MAX: 18
PIF total: 27
PIF MAX: 2
Link to SCAN

Time for a DVD+R entry:

Media: Memorex / MBIPG101 R04 (Moser Baer India)
Burn time: 6:37
PIE total: 4,706
PIE MAX: 7
PIF total: 61

Link To Scan

Media: Verbatim DVD+R 8X (MCC 003)
Burn time: unknown (cca 6:30)

Scan speed: 8X
PIE Total: 27290
PIE MAX: 12
PIF Total: 24
PIF MAX: 2

Scan speed: 4X
PIE Total: 25628
PIE MAX: 10
PIF Total: 27

Link to scans

Media: EProformance (Prodisc R03)
Burn time: 6:34

PIE Total: 15881
PIE MAX: 8
PIF Total: 251

Check here

I hope to see some awesome Fuji DVD+R 8x(Tayo-Yuden) burned at 12x

Hope its possible to get those nice scores with that media too

By the way

This is a nice Topic

Media: Verbatim MCC004
Burn time: 6:23

PIE Total: 36295
PIE MAX: 14
PIF Total: 40

Where’s the link? :slight_smile:

Sorry is here

http://club.cdfreaks.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=21634&stc=1

I think this one also belongs in tha hall of fame.

Media: TYG02 (Fuji 8x 25 cake pack Best Buy)
Burn time: 6:35
PIE total: 22,852
PIE MAX: 11
PIF total: 77

Click Me

Taiyo Yuden YUDEN000-T02 8x DVD+R burned at 12x
BenQ 1620A B7P9

To be honest I doubt the TY02 media would ever achieve 99%. I have only seen very rare reports of this ever happening. For some reason the TYG02 has been getting 99% scores more often. But as I mentioned b/4 these scores have a +/- error percentage so it is really hard to say what the true burn is actually showing. By exptrapolating the results that best one can say is both TY02 and TYG02 produce >95% burns when using B7P9 FW.

Zevia…I would like to see that TY02 scanned at 8x or 12x and see if you get the same results. Please post that scan. I have scanned several 12x TY02 burns at 4x and the results were all 97%.

Also the burn quality will depend on the quality of the original DVD that was used in the process. If the original has issues then the burned copy will show them and then some.

Cor808…I noticed that you were using the B7T9 FW for the 99% burn. That was interesting b/c all my research shows the TY media burns better using B7P8 FW. I will have to test the B7T9 and see what the results are. Was that burned at 12x and scanned at 8x?

I just want to raise a question regarding the name of this thread. Is it really appropriate to call these Nero CD-DVD Speed error scans “burn quality” scans? This thread is entitled *Burn Quality Hall of Fame

Many Nero CD-DVD Speed error scans that look very “pretty” have been shown to contain bad sectors or errors on the scanned discs. Sometimes transfer rate tests and surface scans have revealed this. Shouldn’t this thread have been called Nero CD-DVD Speed error scans Hall of Fame or something along those lines, rather than using “burn quality” in the name? :confused:

Socrates007,
Your point is valid…without a transfer test to fully prove these burns are not without error, it’s not a perfect thread. That being said, I think the thread title is still appropriate because most of the scans found in the “post your media here” thread and elsewhere do not have accompanying transfer rate graphs or surface scans. Not that some don’t post that info, or that it wouldn’t be more informative, rather most people just don’t do it. Even though a perfect CD error scan doesn’t prove that it wouldn’t have issues with other tests, we do put a lot faith in them…this is an extension of that- I just wanted to have the forum members help me collect the best-of-the-best graphs! Lastly, although theoretically possible, I challenge ANYBODY to show me a 99% (or 100%) scan quality scan that actually has unrecoverable errors on it! :wink:

how can i miss this…

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Here’s a really good burn on cheap media burned @8X

check this out

Well, there goes the neighborhood :stuck_out_tongue: