Burn quality degrading

vbimport

Hey people!

I got a general problem with burning DVDs these days.
A while ago, the DVDs I burned seemed to degrade in burn quality. (per disc, not in general)
When I check a burned DVD for C1/C2 errors, they seem to perform really well at first (C1 @ 1 Max/0.5 Avg; C2 @ 1 Max/0.2 Avg() but the numbers of C1/C2 errors increase over time, up into hundreds at the end of the disc.

Now, I can say that this isn’t Disc or Burner related…I tried these:

LG GH22NS40: CMC MAG AM3 (Some No-Name and XLayer), Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek (lol)
Lite-On iHAS624 / Asus DRW-24B3ST: CMC MAG AM3, Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek
Sony Optiarc AD-7241S: CMC MAG AM3, Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek
LG BH10LS30: CMC MAG AM3, Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek

And they all show the same phenomenon. So, this must be System related, right?

I also tried burning with ImgBurn and Ashampoo Burning Studio. OPC enabled and disabled.

I’m running Win7 x64 and Comodo Internet Security. (I only list this since the other resident programs don’t interfere with data.)

[QUOTE=neck09;2598951]Hey people!

I got a general problem with burning DVDs these days.
A while ago, the DVDs I burned seemed to degrade in burn quality. (per disc, not in general)
When I check a burned DVD for C1/C2 errors, they seem to perform really well at first (C1 @ 1 Max/0.5 Avg; C2 @ 1 Max/0.2 Avg() but the numbers of C1/C2 errors increase over time, up into hundreds at the end of the disc.

Now, I can say that this isn’t Disc or Burner related…I tried these:

LG GH22NS40: CMC MAG AM3 (Some No-Name and XLayer), Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek (lol)
Lite-On iHAS624 / Asus DRW-24B3ST: CMC MAG AM3, Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek
Sony Optiarc AD-7241S: CMC MAG AM3, Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek
LG BH10LS30: CMC MAG AM3, Verbatim AZO, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek

And they all show the same phenomenon. So, this must be System related, right?

I also tried burning with ImgBurn and Ashampoo Burning Studio. OPC enabled and disabled.

I’m running Win7 x64 and Comodo Internet Security. (I only list this since the other resident programs don’t interfere with data.)[/QUOTE]

What is your burning speed? Sounds like too fast if your errors are increasing at the end of the burn(all discs). Try a max. of 8x.
Jim

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2599003]What is your burning speed? Sounds like too fast if your errors are increasing at the end of the burn(all discs). Try a max. of 8x.
Jim[/QUOTE]

Tried 8x and 12x. Error rate went down a little but C2 is still too high with 12 max imho.

A while ago I had a total of 5 C2 errors on those discs so it’s still pretty strange.