Burn fails

vbimport

I am using the trial of DVDFab Platinum 4. 10 Days into trial with good sucess, but the last 4 attempts at copying has all failed. Spiderman, Starship Troopers, The Day After Tommorow and Plantet of the Apes. I have an LG DL burner and am using FujiFilm DVD+r DL . I did reboots shut down all programs even reinstalled software. I was very interested in purchasing program but have concerns now. Does anyone know of a prob I can fix that will get me burning again? Thank You for your time!

[QUOTE=ezputts;2033039]I am using the trial of DVDFab Platinum 4. 10 Days into trial with good sucess, but the last 4 attempts at copying has all failed. Spiderman, Starship Troopers, The Day After Tommorow and Plantet of the Apes. I have an LG DL burner and am using FujiFilm DVD+r DL . I did reboots shut down all programs even reinstalled software. I was very interested in purchasing program but have concerns now. Does anyone know of a prob I can fix that will get me burning again? Thank You for your time![/QUOTE]

Can you post the burn logs from these movies, They are old movies and I and many others have done backups of them.
there may be something in the burn logs that will show the cause of your problem.

Maybe since this are older ones (guessing used)that the drive has slipped to PIO from DMA.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2033136]Maybe since this are older ones (guessing used)that the drive has slipped to PIO from DMA.[/QUOTE]

Thats what I think also but would like to see the burn log just in case this is not the problem :cool:

I personally don’t think it is the movies. I have this problem randomly too. I’ve had it for awhile and have tried several remedies, but I don’t want to threadjack though so I’ll start my own thread.

Hi ezputts and welcome to the forum. As Stormjumper has said, a burn log would be great. But could you explain exactly how your burns are failing. Is it during the read or write portion ? We need more info. What kind of system are you running . That kind of stuff. Hope to hear from you soon. ~ Mike

For one thing I would recommend using Verbatim DL media instead of that FujiFilm DVD+R DL, they were good for camera film but not so sure about DVD media, It is recommened all over different forums for DL burning to use Verbatim +R DL

More info sir…more info.

Check to make sure DMA is enabled.

Make sure the original disc surfaces are clean and scratch free. A DVD may play fine in your drive, but be harder to rip if it’s got scratches on the surface.

Agree with Jimbo as well on the media.