Burn fails with Platinum, but disc plays?

vbimport

When I am making a backup lately, I’ve noticed the past several times that when I use platinum burning with the VSO burning engine, the burn gets to around 3/4 finished, gets stuck and says “Burn Process Failed”. But when I put the backup in the DVD player it playes fine, menus and chapters. I usually burn “Customized” with menus. It has been doing this with the last several versions of Fab Platinum and the latest 5.0.5.0. Is anyone else having this same problem or know of a solution???

[QUOTE=iamthefunky1;2089500]When I am making a backup lately, I’ve noticed the past several times that when I use platinum burning with the VSO burning engine, the burn gets to around 3/4 finished, gets stuck and says “Burn Process Failed”. But when I put the backup in the DVD player it playes fine, menus and chapters. I usually burn “Customized” with menus. It has been doing this with the last several versions of Fab Platinum and the latest 5.0.5.0. Is anyone else having this same problem or know of a solution???[/QUOTE]

I experience the same thing. Whenever I try to burn the disc as a main movie, the prog just disappears. When I burn the full disc, I get the same result that iamthefunky1 gets.

No one knows anything about this?

If you get a failure to burn with error code 115 (failure to finalize), but the disc plays ok AND you are using dash media, try changing write to SAO instead of packet.

I have had the same problem with V 5.0.5.0 (platinum)-- the message was a simple “Burn Process Failed” when it was around 80% through the burn and asked if you wanted to try another burn or cancel.

There where no other error messages or error codes and this was using the VSO burning engine.

I went back a version (5.0.3.0 in my case) and everything was fine – so this seems to be an issue introduced in 5.0.4.5 or 5.0 (I didn’t download 4.5).

For me it seemed to be a problem either in main movie or full disc but as previously stated the resulting discs where playable.

Yes Asbac. Mine gets to 75% exactly everytime and says the same thing with no error codes.

5.0.4.0 Beta (June 21, 2008)
New: Updated VSO burning engine.

Updated VSO burning engine.

Burning SDK - 2.1.7.338

Solve some DAO writing mode issues, Improved compatibility with AnyDVD and SPTD

• 0001615: [Bug] Finalization issues for DVD-R
  • 0000995: [Bug] Conflict with AnyDVD v6.1.x.x And SPDT v1.5x (Daemon Tools)
  • 0001590: [Bug] Folder containing international characters are not supported
  • 0001589: [Bug] DVD-R DAO fails on some drives
  • 0001579: [Bug] DVD-R disks failing with SAO Code 05 2C 00, then attempts TAO automatically and fails too

i am having the same issue!..like right when its get finalize it says failed burn but wont play on my laptop bt will play in dvd player?..is there anyone who had this issue fixed or anything…Please help S.O.S

please read this thread:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/post-here-vso-burning-issues-248171/

hey troy512,

thanks for the confirmation and the other thread — what it doesn’t say anyway (afaik), is that this has been recorgnised as a problem and will be fixed.

i’m sure fentango is aware of the issue now and I’ll keep my eyes posted for an update.

cheers – asbac