I have switched blank media, but the TDK+R's work fine with the free version of DVDFAB gold on my wife's computer.
I am using the 184.108.40.206 beta version. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the failures. Most times it is in the middle of burning, but at the VERY beginning and very end of others.
I have tried using Nero burn instead of VSO. And have tried burning with the "set booktype to dvd-rom" checkbox both checked and unchecked.
No other programs which would conflict with DVDfab are installed.
I really like the ease of use of this program when it works, but it is becoming too hard to deal with. Thinking of looking for another software solution.