Burn error

Hi all ,
I just downloaded the trail version of Alcohol.

And I want to make a copy of Need for Speed hot pursuit 2
I have a Ricoh Rw 7080A
And I get errors when making a backup of the Game.
I can copy it to hard drive but it won’t copy to Blank cd , Why ?

Thanks for your Help

Do you know what type of error you get ? Give more specifications please

I can copy it to hard drive but it won’t copy to Blank cd , Why

1)Did you follow the FAQ on the Alcohol support forumHere ?

1. What was the actual error you recieved ?

2. can you run the image you made on your hard drive in a virtual drive ?

3. send your system report so that we can look at it and maybe give you a more constructive answer.

Ok , As of now I deleted the Alcohol software becaused it would not make my windows xp load up. So I had to go back to my last confg…of windows then it load up normal.

The problem I had after downloading Alcohol is that I did not reset the cpu , I just went right to copying.Ok here it is The Cd would make a cd image of Need for Speed HP2 , Also 1on1 copy.When I Burn the image or 1on1 copy I click on the start copy button and An error shows the drive light don’t even go on.
Does it have to do with the cd-rw ricoh7080a drive I have ?

Know Im not messing with my windows Xp , Im gonna load up my old 10gig HD with windows 98 and try it from there.
in the mean time I do want to learn how to fix this problem.
I think this alcohol software is #1 right know for safedisc 2 copy.

Thanks again
Mike

Do you mean you got a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA message? If so, delete the file cdrom.sys in C:\Windows\System32\drivers. Also delete the Alcohol program folder. Reboot, then reinstall Alcohol through I believe repair installation. That should help you out. I had the same problem. Even if your error is different, as long as it is a STOP message of some sort, perform the steps above.

I hope this helps as Alcohol 120% is a great program!
-Scott

I went back to my old windows 98 I downloaded the Alcohol and the same thing happened.
(Something wrong with recording producure) it’s telling me.
I disabled cd-r dma and still same shit happened.

By the way I have a ricoh7080a , I ordered the Liton 48125W
Maybe its my CD-rw ?

Alcohol Does not work on my windows Xp. What it does it when I shut down windows , It keeps resetting and does not go to windows anymore.

I had to reinstall windows Xp and delete Alcohol.
Alcohol only works on my windows 98. For me anyway I don’t know about you guys.

Also my liton 48125w RW is on its way here. :slight_smile:

what would be the reason for Alcohol not to work on my windows XP ?

Thanks
mike

i can’t get alcohol to burn a safedisc v2.8 cd. i have a LITE-ON LTR-48125W burner.

please let me know what i did wrong:

1. i am trying to copy dragon’s lair 3D. i went to copy wizard.

2. i ran daemon-tools to load the cd-image to the virtual drive (should i have used alcohol’s virtual drive?). i ran clonyXXL2.0.1.0 and it’s verified as safedisc v2.8. i loaded a CCD image.

3. i chose Datatype as Safedisc v2. the source disk is the virtual drive (of course).

4. to speed things up, i chose “Copy current disc on the fly”. (should i have chose to burn a HD image?). safedisc2 chooses skip, fast skip, but leave subchannels unchecked.

5. on the next screen, i also chose Datatype as Safedisc 2. buffern underrun is enabled and don’t close and rectify sub-channel data are unchecked. write method is RAW DAO.

i click Start. i get a coaster. what am i doing wrong?

help please!!
:bow: :bow:

Im still waiting for my drive , Lite-on 48125w
On the copy side lie you said what Am I doing wrong.
I think Is what I been hearing is you should disable Virtual drive , and copy image to Hard drive, with bypass EFM error’s enabled
Someone currect me if im wrong.

Thanks

Originally posted by mikano
[B]Im still waiting for my drive , Lite-on 48125w
On the copy side lie you said what Am I doing wrong.
I think Is what I been hearing is you should disable Virtual drive , and copy image to Hard drive, with bypass EFM error’s enabled
Someone currect me if im wrong.

Thanks [/B]

If you’re using a Litey, you should disable bypass efm error. The Litey doesn’t need it and using it with any writer that doesn’t need it (particularly a Litey) is likely to cause a coaster.

Originally posted by philamber

If you’re using a Litey, you should disable bypass efm error. The Litey doesn’t need it and using it with any writer that doesn’t need it (particularly a Litey) is likely to cause a coaster.

whoa now, there’s like a double or triple negative here… i’m confused.

bypass EFM error means do NOT use error correction, right? so disabling bypass EFM means not to use no error correction??

here’s what i was able to do with my Lite-On.

in options, under General->Data Type Setting, under Recording options, i enabled (checked) the “Bypass EFM Error” box. i am assuming this means to disable error correction, right?

did i do the right thing?

with this setting, i was able to make a copy of one of my safedisc2 games, but not the other one. so i’m 1 for 2.

i’ve been making a lot of coasters with the other one. i need to find myself a 700Mb CD-RW (i only have a 650Mb one and it won’t hold the other game).

a) Do not check “Bypass EFM Error” with a Lite-on writer. (2 sheep writer + bypass efm error often = coaster).

b) Yes, you can get 700mb cdrws. Tdk and Verbatim both make them for 1x to 4x and there is a brand called Shintaro that makes them for 4x to 10x.

I Think I copied Need for Speed hot Pursuit 2,
I have to check one more time.
I used Alcohol and I get the disc read error when reading the image. But I ignored it.

I can only used Alcohol under windows 98 and not windows xp
So Im doing more testing here.

I ordered the 48125W and I get the 48246S model so anyone have problem with the 48246S models ?

I’ll get back here soon.
thanks