Burn DVD-Videos that are over 120 min long

vbimport

Sorry if this newbie question was answered before. Tryin to burn a video clip which is about 154min. long onto DVD-R 4.7 GB 120 min.
Any advice is greatly appreciated :smiley:
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

What burning program are you using?

I use convertxtodvd and I have burned up to 3 hours (160 min) with no noticable quality loss upon viewing.

You can also use DVDshrink to reduce the size before burning …

[quote=R-synik;2114984]Sorry if this newbie question was answered before. Tryin to burn a video clip which is about 154min. long onto DVD-R 4.7 GB 120 min.
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:[/quote]
video clip:confused: title says dvd-videos. What is it video clip or dvd-video

Ya I fergot to ask what file type is it?
.avi… T_S … ISO… mpeg ?

Depends on what format the movie is in now. If it is dvd-video, you can use a program like DVDShrink or Nero Recode to reduce the size of the video to fit the disk. With a lot of compression, the video quality may suffer though, especially using a transcoder like Shrink. On large dvds, you can split them onto two disks, or reencode with a good encoding program. Splitting saves the quality but is inconvenient on playback. Reencoding quality depends in part on the program you use. I like DVDRebuilder to reencode dvds…and there is a free version that uses a very good encoder called HC.

If the video is some other format, say an avi, you can reencode using a smaller bitrate (and or resolution) to reduce the size of the video. AutoGK is one program that can be used with xvid or divx, MeGui is one that can be used with xvid or H264. You would need a dvd player that is capable of playing divx or xvid…the H264 has greater ability to reduce the size, but cannot be played on a dvd player. It is possible to encode to make it work on a Blu Ray player, but that is fairly involved…look up the process at videohelp.com or doom9.org.

This would be a good question to use the ‘Search’ function on, as there are many answers to it. I believe it is possible, in that I’ve seen ‘adult’ videos labeled as ‘over 4 hours’, but never having bought one, don’t know that it isn’t just the same 4 minutes, repeated 60 times…
PS: a couple of good ‘Search’ terms include (but aren’t limited to) ‘bitrate’ (as in ‘bitrate calculator’, or ‘acceptable bitrate’); ‘half D1’; ‘MPEG1’; etc…

[QUOTE=R-synik;2114984]Sorry if this newbie question was answered before. Tryin to burn a video clip which is about 154min. long onto DVD-R 4.7 GB 120 min.
:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:[/QUOTE]

The description of play/time lenghth on DVDs means not much, the real important factors are the BITRATE and RESOLUTION used on the material you want to burn to VideoDVD.
It can differ from VCD res to full DVD res (720x576 PAL or 720x480 NTSC).