Burn AOE2Conquerors

I am trying to figure out if I can burn another copy of AOE2 Conquerors. I just hooked up another pc and networked it to my old pc. My sons regularly play aoe and now would like to play each other. I was told that I need to have a cd in each pc.

I just bought an Emachine w/ burner. it is a Samsung cd-r/rw SW-248F according to the hardware manager. I have no idea what burning software i have. From another thread it looks like I need clonecd. Where do i get that.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated. I am not a complete idiot however, I have not had any luck burning cd’s in the past, so I now turn to the great and mighty “cdfreaks” :bow: for guidance.

Thanks in advance

that game iis safedisc Safedisc 1.45.011

it is easily done with blindwrite

that can be downloaded at

http://www.vso-software.fr/

—remember updated firmware on drives helps it function better and gives more compatablity for cd r media and also helps with performance —

i always suggest newest but some times you dont need it

this tutorial is actually how to do all safedisc versions

make folder on desktop
go into blindread [cd to hard drive ]
couple settings in general settings uncheck all
dump cdrom image
next screen pick burner
then main image file browse out to your file
then hit next and then
nibble
adapt speed 1x to max
then check eject cd
then hit read

then you should see ecc/ecd errors … no problem that is protection

now it should say bwa file …nope dont want it not for this protection

go to quit

put in black cd
now go into blindwrite …[hard drive to cd ]
go into blindwrite config
uncheck all but autoplay and eject cd
[autoplay is use to hide atip and the only safedisk that checks that so far is safedisc 2.9 …so if you have lower safedisk you dont have to have autoplay checked to work … but I always suggest it , especially if it is playing in dvd burner or cd burner ]
next screen pick your burner
then hit next
next screen browse out ot your folder on desktop
click on the .bwt file made
then open

then hit next
should be at verify
hit start
make sure you use image is good and use dao pw or dao pq
then hit next
writing mode is dao pw
and speed is max [ I always use that speed some people dont ]
then hit go

there ya go you should have a good copy if your burner is able to do it … .which i believe it does but will recheck cause some info yoiu have is missing …

Also remember if you used autoplay you have to have blindwrite installed or at least the autoplay client setup if you going to be on another pc. I use the autoplay client setup

cheers

questions look at signature

WOOHOO!!! it worked. :smiley:
You are a genius. :bow:
I followed your tutorial and had no problems.

Never saw any Errors, but I probably wouldn’t know one if I saw it anyway.

I tried the game and it worked fine. Now my sons can play each other or me, If they dare :a

I look forward to using the site to gain more expertise. I think I am finally going to break down and get cable, so I will need to learn about burning music cd’s. Also need to burn some cd’s for the kids at my dance studio to take home so they can practice.

Thanks again.

Jim
Hampstead, NC
(On the edge of Hurricane Isabel)

no prob …glad to help … anytime ya need help just find me

and glad it got it going

Your help was great gio :bigsmile:.

For others who are using a Mainboard with VIA-Chipset (like me) and fail burning with strange errors: Don’t use that fckn “VIA 4 in 1 Drivers” :Z.

I’m glad that there are ppl out there like giovanni helping without wanting sth. for their help.
And…of course…knowing what they’re doin’ grin

If you’ve got probs…ask him, he surely knows how to solve 'em.

And…yeah…of course… :bow: Plextor :bow: rulZ

I love you gio hehe

well hey thank you and glad the tutorial help …yes I have seen the via tools cause lots of problemse in pc and burner …and best when it is off as you found out … well cheers and thanks for the comment …

Hey I burned Battlefield 1942 fine usin this tutorial. Thanx Giovanni :bigsmile: I have a standard ATAPI CD-RW (16x12x40x)!

just to let everyone know via has fixed issue with chipset with there new 4.49 drivers …it is on www.viaarena.com

it fixed the issue with via tools nicely …

AOE2TC was a game that got asked alot about backing up
I used a old sony 8x to make the backup that is still in use today, because I put the original back in the box. I bought it when it first came out. It uses safedisc 1 I believe.

Clonecd can also make a backup of it also