Burn and shrink Blu-ray movies?

vbimport

Does anyone know of a software program on the market that will burn and shrink Blu-ray movies? Please help.

ImgBurn can be use to burn blu-ray movies. Alternatively you can use other products from Nero, Cyberlink, Ulead etc.

Why would you need to shrink blu-ray movies?

[quote=zevia;2065883]Why would you need to shrink blu-ray movies?[/quote] IIRC from the ChatBox, the original poster wants to backup dual layer (50 GB) Blu-ray discs to single layer (25 GB).

Right now there is no software like DVDShrink can do for DVD where you can still maintain all the menus and strip out the audio/subtitles you don’t need.

In Blu-ray you can try to fit a 50GB movie to a 25GB disc by taking the main movie only (usually the bigest .m2ts file), strip out the audio and subtitle you don’t want and keep only you want. You can use Tsremux or tsmuxer for this.

But there are some new movies that is impossible to fit into 25GB disc, usually long movies 2+ hours with high bitrates. If after the processing, the file is still larger than 25GB, you can split into a single BD-R 25GB and the rest to a DVD disc. Check out http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/bd2dvd-blu-ray-dvd-guide-232165/

[quote=zevia;2065883]ImgBurn can be use to burn blu-ray movies. Alternatively you can use other products from Nero, Cyberlink, Ulead etc.

Why would you need to shrink blu-ray movies?[/quote]
The reason I would like to shrink the movies is because a 50GB BR disk costs mucho buckos and if i can shrink a 44GB movie onto a 25GB disk I’m saving money. Also for some reason I can’t seem to burn DVD movies onto a 25GB BR disk, does anyone have a solution for this? Please help. Thanks:D

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2065890]IIRC from the ChatBox, the original poster wants to backup dual layer (50 GB) Blu-ray discs to single layer (25 GB).[/QUOTE]

What nonsense, It must be cheaper to BUY the original movie.

Why would you if you own the movie?.

At the moment it doesn’t make sense, but I think it won’t be long until prices will start tumbling that’s when I want to be ready, plus my brother buys blu-ray’s also, there’s no use in both of us buying them right?

[quote=edscamper1;2068113]… plus my brother buys blu-ray’s also, there’s no use in both of us buying them right? [/quote] Uh, yes there is - you are only allowed to copy movies that you yourself own (and movies with unrestricted copying permissions).

Yes, I understand the laws of copyrights it’s pretty bad when you have to buy 2 copies of movies even in your own family. It really bites. Oh well it’s all in the future anyway because it seems like it will be some time before the software will exist.

It is not against the law for you to buy certain Blu-Ray DVDs, while your brother buys different ones, and you each copy your own, and watch one anothers’ copies in the same home… AFAIK

Also, if you check out Doom9, you might get a great foundation of being prepared to do exactly what you are wanting to do… :wink:

Yes that I know but he lives in his house and I live in mine. It really doesn’t matter the Record and Film companies will never stop complaining about their stupid copyrights so it will always be a struggle no matter what and there will be laws added on to the laws already in place. One off these days we will have to buy the right to take a sh…t in this country.:frowning:

[QUOTE=edscamper1;2068392]Yes that I know but he lives in his house and I live in mine. It really doesn’t matter [B]the Record and Film companies will never stop complaining about their stupid copyrights[/B] so it will always be a struggle no matter what and there will be laws added on to the laws already in place. One off these days we will have to buy the right to take a sh…t in this country.:([/QUOTE]

Eh?? You want them to spend their money on nothing?

THINK!!

I think folks just don’t want to have to spend 35 us to copy a movie that cost under 30, additionally most of the high rez version blu rays are over the 25 gig size. Therefore folks are looking to compress and use the cheaper 25 gig blanks, i myself rip blu rays into a smaller avi version and using my cyberlink dvd suit to reauthor and make my own 25 gig copies, the quality reproduction is nominal, meaning its a matter of preferences, do you want the just the movie or all the other crap that the industry puts on the blu ray just to keep folks from making their own copies. Either way i am enjoying the movies that i created for under 10 dollars. additionally what are the laws about coping rented movies!

You cannot copy rented movies period, thus we do not discuss it here.

[QUOTE=DOCTORBLUE;2253637]I think folks just don’t want to have to spend 35 us to copy a movie that cost under 30, additionally most of the high rez version blu rays are over the 25 gig size. Therefore folks are looking to compress and use the cheaper 25 gig blanks, i myself rip blu rays into a smaller avi version and using my cyberlink dvd suit to reauthor and make my own 25 gig copies, the quality reproduction is nominal, meaning its a matter of preferences, do you want the just the movie or all the other crap that the industry puts on the blu ray just to keep folks from making their own copies. Either way i am enjoying the movies that i created for under 10 dollars. additionally what are the laws about coping rented movies![/QUOTE]

huh, really; we are still bickering over this? I thought it was a quiet understanding that what happens in Vega’s stays in Vega’s. Meaning, I’ve seen the sometimes subtle and the sometimes not so subtle way of asking how to rip and burn copyrighted material. I myself want help on how just to burn my home videos to Blu. I’m having a hard time enough with the compatibility issues between the burners and players and software and simply the time it takes to do it is almost off putting. This is no pity party, but I blew roughly 3 grand on a burner, player, discs, programs, time, camcorder and frustration to have the best recollection of the pretty blue water of the mediterranean that I took last vacation; just to learn that, oh my component player, doesn’t play AVI files, but it does play AVC. My burner doesn’t burn AVC but my camcorder uses MTS format, the program doesn’t recognize MTS, but it does however recognise MT2S. Argg. I should have come here first before I bought all that stuff.

Now, all I want is someone who can help me sink up all my stuff so that I can share those mediterranean blues. And warn others about how important compatibility issue can be an expensive mistake.

[quote=mynameisjudd;2254109]huh, really; we are still bickering over this? I thought it was a quiet understanding that what happens in Vega’s stays in Vega’s. Meaning, I’ve seen the sometimes subtle and the sometimes not so subtle way of asking how to rip and burn copyrighted material. [/quote] It’s in the Forum Rule and I believe if you own the disc then there’s no problem.

I myself want help on how just to burn my home videos to Blu. I’m having a hard time enough with the compatibility issues between the burners and players and software and simply the time it takes to do it is almost off putting. This is no pity party, but I blew roughly 3 grand on a burner, player, discs, programs, time, camcorder and frustration to have the best recollection of the pretty blue water of the mediterranean that I took last vacation; just to learn that, oh my component player, doesn’t play AVI files, but it does play AVC. My burner doesn’t burn AVC but my camcorder uses MTS format, the program doesn’t recognize MTS, but it does however recognise MT2S. Argg. I should have come here first before I bought all that stuff.

Now, all I want is someone who can help me sink up all my stuff so that I can share those mediterranean blues. And warn others about how important compatibility issue can be an expensive mistake.
Maybe you can detail and list what software and hardware you own so we can help you better.

Oh the hypocrisy, folks join these forums to learn how to do things right? So why are there people who try and ignore the obvious. Sure folks buy these copiers only to produce home movies! On what planet? The industry is about supply and demand. I’m one of those folks that was around when the dvd industry made all the promises of what would be included on dvd’s, now many moons later they have reneged and what you were promised and what we now have are two different things. They just like politicians make some big promises and when they have what they want, they change the rules. Like for example the dvd folks promised no less than 2 versions of the movie on one disk, and then they started selling only one copy, then the director’s cut, the wide screen ver, the full screen ver etc.

Amen to that. I own DVDs of some of my favorite movies and spent bucks and bucks for them. I am not sorry I paid for it cause I really abhor piracy and I’d really pay for great movies. But sure they make promises of features you’ll never find elsewhere until these Blu rays happen. All of a sudden you miss out on what is promised supposedly in your DVD like the things Docotrblue mentioned. Isn’t that making a fool out of the consumers?

Never learned how to shrink Blu-Ray movie/discs.
My reader likes them as they are. Full HD. :bigsmile:

And I’m willing to pay for that. :slight_smile: Because it brings great quality picture to our 50" Sammy TV.

I use anydvd hd to rip the movie then use BD rebuilder to compress the movie to fit on a BD25