Burn a video from youtube?

vbimport

Hi,
Can someone tell me how I would save and burn a youtube video?

I know I need to convert it to mpeg to play on most set top dvd players.

can I import a youtube video into a video software like Ulead Studio?

You might take a look at LiteCam software.

[quote=rago88;2038612]Hi,
Can someone tell me how I would save and burn a youtube video?

I know I need to convert it to mpeg to play on most set top dvd players.

can I import a youtube video into a video software like Ulead Studio?[/quote]
Google a program called Tube Hunter, it downloads and converts the video into any format.

thanks…

This is all freeware & the way I do it.
First get the YouTube Downloader.
http://youtubedownload.altervista.org/
This will download the YouTube video as a .flv file.
It will be mono.Then use Super to convert it.
(Sometime you have to try Super a couple of times.
If you get a error message try checking DirectShow Decode & let it do the conversion.
This usually doen’t result in a good file but after it finishes uncheck & try again.
This is only if you get a error the first time.It could just be a bug with Vista but seems to work.)
1.Select the output container:mpg (MPEG II)
2.Select the output video codec:MPEG-II
3.Select the output Audio codec AC3
You may select ffmpeg
Video:
Video Scale Size 640:480 Aspect 4.3 Frame/Sec 29.97 Bitrate kbps 9600
Uncheck 44K Audio
Audio Sampling Freq 48000 Channels 2 bitrate 192
NOw take the mpg file & put it in VSO DivxtoDVD as the Source file.
Force the Aspect & Standard you want.
Then select convert.
You can actually put several of the mpg files in VSO DivxtoDVD as the Source file
at the same time.You just need to match each of them with super like above.
You won’t get a menu but they will usually chapter skip forward.I put 2 YouTube videos in this one.
Thats why its only 53 MB.
This will give you a VIDEO_TS folder that can be burned to a DVD.
So choose your burner & burn it.I used CloneDVD2.
The resulting DVD a + RW plays in WMP,WMC,& my settop DVD recorder.
Heres a GSpot of one of the .vob files

Using XP 2 here.

I don’t know if XPsp2 has the problem with Super but Super works after that & it doesn’t always have the error.
Doing it this way produces a better video .
This is the GSpot of one of the .flvs I used.

I found youtube downloader to save to hard drive
and Media encoder to convert .flv for burning///

both free softwares…

thanks for input.

Just one point cholla.

I’d wind back the video bitrate from 9600 to something more reasonable - say 4,000. For one, that’s too high a rate for DVD (GSpot confirms this) and for two, the source material is usually so crappy, that 4,000 will do it with lots left over (even 2,000 will). In other words, you can’t make a silk purse from a sow’s ear just by dialing bitrate up and all you are doing is making a VOB file bigger than it needs to be.

Regards

@blutach; Thanks for the input & I will give it a try.Could you tell me where GSpot confirms it? I probably should know but I don’t.
you’re right YouTube videos are usually very poor quality.Even with the size I could put all the ones I would ever do on 1 DVD with room to spare.
btw it did look & sound better than the .flv
@rago88;Do you mean MediaCoder for the converter?
I tried it & thought it was ok until it really didn’t do a .vob correctly so I did some comparing with Super & even with the small problem I sometimes have with Vista compatability I think Super is a far superior converter.
Did you check your converted file with GSpot after the conversion?Was it mono or stereo?
I know it really only can be simulated stero being made from one track but it still sounds better.

yes. it was MediaCoder

Sorry, what I meant is that you are bumping up against the maximum allowed bitrates for DVD, and that it is unnecessary and possibly why you converter prog is rejecting it.

Regards

Heck i just use this > http://vixy.net/ burn it to a CD or DVD and throw it in my Divx player…easy. You guys make things to hard.

So if you wanted to burn it so as to play on most set top players that don’t play Divx what would you convert to?
I’m always assuming you convert to mpeg2 to burn for set top dvd players…

You can get a cheap Divx/DVD player for like $50usd saves the hassle.

I have a RCA DRC285 and works great. Fill up a DVD with MP3’s and play it all day and night too.

Bob after waiting 30 minutes for http://vixy.net/ A YouTube video & it still wasn’t finished so I cancelled it.I think I can convert it just as quick.

[QUOTE=cholla;2039505]Bob after waiting 30 minutes for http://vixy.net/ A YouTube video & it still wasn’t finished so I cancelled it.I think I can convert it just as quick.[/QUOTE]It’s busy at times yeah sorry

well,
my problem is I need to make backups of many disks for people who only have regular dvd players so same question here…

[QUOTE=rago88;2039541]well,
my problem is I need to make backups of many disks for people who only have regular dvd players so same question here…[/QUOTE]What i did before getting my Divx player i used to use that site and ConvertXtoDVD.

rago88;If you follow the method I posted in #5 except make the Video bitrate smaller like blutach suggested .This will give you a working DVD.
I could maybe do an example & put it in a zip file but it would be a very small clip.