Bundled Roxio and Nero Conflicts etc

vbimport

I posted some of this in a thread but maybe it has general interest. It makes me wonder how many people who say the BTC drive is bad, should first be checking their system for this and other types of conflict. This guy I was replying to tracked down his problem, but I think many do not even try.

> All bad performances with ritekG04 seemed to be due to a
> conflict between Nero and EasyCD creator (DirectCD) that
> were both installed on my PC. This is abslutely crasy but true !

That old friend again! Not crazy at all my friend. This conflict happens a lot. Even after people have removed Roxio Easy CD Creator by the Add/Remove Programs option in Control Panel. There are some registry entries which are not removed. And other stuff I think.

> If you ask why I had those 2 burning software on my machine…
> Nero and ECDC are both OEM softwares so I need both of them
> to be able to burn on 2 different devices I have. (Emprex +
> other)

It is crazy this OEM software limitation.

I have a story about that.

When I bought my 1004 DVD writer I removed my old CD-ROM drive & installed the BTC as secondary slave, retaining my LiteOn 48x12x48 CD rewriter as secondary master.

I found that my existing version of Nero (early version 5) gave bad results with the BTC so i installed the Nero on the disc in the BTC package. It would burn to the BTC but refuse the Liteon. I think that updating from the Nero website would not have changed this. So I had to turn to a p2p app to help me with my little problem. Which took 5 minutes. (I shall not say any more.)

If you have 2 burners installed, OEM bundled burning software can be a big pain in the butt.

Hey! Nero! Hey! Roxio! Many people have two or more burners now!

I suppose it is too hard to make bundled software check for the drive it was boxed with, but work with another on the same ide channel on the same computer???

The only difference between an oem burning software cd and the full retail cd is the serial number.

Hope the penny dropped.:wink:

You can unlock a bundled version of nero by entering the right serial number? Yes this is fairly well known, but tell me where do you get the magic serial number?

Maybe if I had once paid for a retail copy of the right version, I would have such a serial number. However I did not, so I have to go somewhere else. :wink: While I am there I may as well pick up the whole app…

@contrex,

i was sendig you a pm, has it reached??

cu

Originally posted by contrex
You can unlock a bundled version of nero by entering the right serial number? Yes this is fairly well known, but tell me where do you get the magic serial number?

What advantages does “unlocking” give you. Are there any more features?

i´m not sure were the difference between oem versions and the ultra ed is but with the right serial you can unlock a oem version to the ultra edition with all featues.

cu

i have the number that came with mine but it must be a miss print as it does not accept.it