Bundled Nero software

I am considering replacing a failing DRW-1608P with a DRW-1608P3S. Both come with a Nero OEM Suite. (The CD that came with the DRW-1608P is labled “OEM SUITE” while the CD that comes with the DRW-1608P3S is labled “OEM SUITE 2”). Also, the Nero CD that comes with the DRW-1608P3S does not appear to have an InCD folder.

1: Does the software bundled with DRW-1608P3S include InCD?
2: Since I have installed all of the Nero applications I need to support the DRW-1608P and have updated them, is there any need to reinstall the software from the new CD? Can I simply replace the drive and keep the software installation?

Oem versions of Nero usually only work with the drive it came with. Incd is known to cause software conflicts.

If the suite says OEM and nothing else then it may work with other drives, but if it says something like OEM: for DRW-1698P it is unlikely to work with any other drive.

OEM versions are dirt cheap. I can buy it for £1.50. Works perfectly with every drive I have.

Thanks to all who have replied…ralph

I have 1608P2S, but there should be no differences in software:

1: Does the software bundled with DRW-1608P3S include InCD?

There’s no InCD on the disc, but the bundled software appears to have license which allows you InCD installation. This means that after you have installed the bundled package you go to nero.com, download the latest Nero 6 package and upgrade your Nero OEM, which gives you to the option to install InCD.

2: Since I have installed all of the Nero applications I need to support the DRW-1608P and have updated them, is there any need to reinstall the software from the new CD? Can I simply replace the drive and keep the software installation?

Very unlikely that you would have to reinstall Nero OEM.