Bulkpaq -R Orange Top query

vbimport

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the Orange Top Bulkpaq media X4 Speed Generation 4 DVD-R Discs

I purchased them here (exact part shown)
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=51144

in a cake box of 25 and used them all to copy original DVD’s using my Lite-On LDW811S burner and DVD Shrink, with 100% success rate and all playing fine on my Alba DVD114 Home DVD Unit.

Being very pleased with these media i decided to purchase another 25 of the exact same make and part number, i recieved the media and it is identical to the first batch (ie Generation 4 Orange top) but none of these will play back in my home DVD player ???

the only difference in them is the sort of seial number printed round the centre near the hole.

The good 1st batch all have the numbers 4XH692400958

but the next 25 that dont work have a completely different number, B1292402120-04450 and 4X printed round a bit further.

My question is, how can this batch not work at all when they are exactly the same discs as the first lot ??

They are both generation 4 and apart form the serial/batch number look identical.
Has anone else had this problem ??

Thx for reading

Have you considered checking the media codes to see who made them?

I think that is typical for low quality brands

Dont buy Bulkpaq and other low quality media if you want yours disk to last long time and avoid problems like this

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Have you considered checking the media codes to see who made them?

How can i do that please ?

Ok, i the found Lite-on utility called Smartburn
and the results show the discs as exactly the same

Drive Type = DVD DUAL
Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
Disc MID = 50 52 49 4E 43 4F (PRINCO)
Disc TID = 00 00 00 00 00 00 (…)
Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe = Princo Corporation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 4.0X (Write)

Drive Type = DVD DUAL 
     Disc Type = DVD-R (Single Layer)
      Disc MID = 50 52 49 4E 43 4F (PRINCO)
      Disc TID = 00 00 00 00 00 00 (......)

Nominal Capacity = 4.38GB
Manufacturer Maybe = Princo Corporation
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 4.0X (Write)

the Princo are notorious for these problems, expecially in the 811S burner.

i think ill steer clear of these from now on, i thought i had struck good when these cheap disk seemed to work. After that 2nd batch i realise all that glitters aint gold, it is probably better to spend a few pence more and get some quality disks.

Which ones can u recommend that use the ritekG04 dye ?

I have seen the Datadafe 4X and they look good, also my other post shows the Infiniti, but im not 100% that they are Ritek ?

thx