Bulkpaq 'Generation 4' 16x DVD-R: CMC MAG. AM3

I am interested in buying some DVD-R: Bulkpaq ‘Generation 4’ 16x DVD-R.
Mediacode: CMC MAG. AM3

I will burn them either with a Pioneer 111D@111L or a LG 4120B (I’ll decide after seeding which one burns this media better).

Do any of you guys already tried this media (maybe with one of the two burners I mentioned before)? Judging from the (few) comments on SVP it looks an acceptable media.

Thanks in advance.

I haven’t tried the Bulkpaq CMC MAG. AM3, but my Pioneer DVR-111L is not my best burner for HP branded CMC MAG. AM3 - I get best results with a BenQ DW1655 (burning at 8x up to 16x) and a LiteOn SHM-165P6S at 8x.

I’m not entirely happy with the results in my Pioneer 111 at 8x (and faster is in general worse with this drive) and I’d probably burn them at 6x instead if I had to use this drive, in order to get rid of an ugly PIF moutain during the first 400 MB if the 8x P-CAV burn; this could very likely be specific to only some Pioneer 111 series drives, as there are some significant differences between individual drives of this series.

I don’t know about the Bulkpaq ones, but CMC MAG. AM3 is really good for me under other brands.

I don’t have a Pioneer, but my newer LG (E10N) and Sammy SH-S182D burn them nicely (at 8x-12x).

I have burned well with Ativa CMC Magnetics. I am able to reach 8x with little flaws. They are decent media.

Thanks a lot to all the feedback! You are all helping me. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Vampire666;1934655]Do any of you guys already tried this media (maybe with one of the two burners I mentioned before)? Judging from the (few) comments on SVP it looks an acceptable media.
Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1938597-post107.html (burned with Optiarc though)

This helps me as well, these have been working there way up my building media list from SVP, I had been looking at some HP branded versions as well IIRC.

Thanks pepst. :slight_smile:

Now I can see that on SVP there are Bulkpaq [B]Blue [/B]‘Generation 4’ 16x.

Same mediacode, same brand, same certified speed…different color.
Do you guys thing that there’s a difference between these two (I don’t care about the cosmetic color).

Thanks.

[QUOTE=Vampire666;1953231]Thanks pepst. :slight_smile:
Now I can see that on SVP there are Bulkpaq [B]Blue [/B]‘Generation 4’ 16x.
Same mediacode, same brand, same certified speed…different color.
Do you guys thing that there’s a difference between these two (I don’t care about the cosmetic color).
Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome :flower:
I think that they are the same, only the color is different…