Bulk\OEM

Yey :wink:

Well, the subject indicates it more or less. I intend to buy ND-2500A, however, I’ve seen it as Bulk and OEM.

I just wanted to know, what every one is. Plus, what is more recommended in the case of ND-2500A.

Bulk - You normally get the drive and a CD with drivers on and thats it.
OEM - This is the boxed version with all the software and usually some free CD-R’s DVD-R’s and burning software.
There is no difference in the drive what so ever just what comes with it.

I always thought , just the other way around.

Oh well… get the cheaper one.

usually i call em oem and retail.

OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. It is made for putting in new computers for resale.

Retail is umm. Stuff that goes on retail store shelves

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]I always thought , just the other way around.

Oh well… get the cheaper one. [/B]

Thought Bulk as pretty much the same as OEM…retail is the other version.
As said above, Retail is the full package (and thus more expensive) and OEM/Bulk is only the essentials (drive and cable)

OEM/Bulk is only the essentials (drive and cable)

If your lucky… Here in the Uk, normally with bulk/oem you just get the thing you paid for (no manual, no driver cd, no cables etc)

With the OEM/Bulk NEC-2500A, you get the drive only. No cable, manuals, CDs; just the drive itself.

With the OEM/Bulk NEC-2500A, you get the drive only. No cable, manuals, CDs; just the drive itself.

This is often the case, but there are sometimes add-ons to sweeten the deal for a small increase in price. It depends on the dealer.

When I bought my OEM/bulk NEC ND-2500 at NewEgg a few days ago, there was an option to bundle it with a OEM version of Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 Basic for $8 more. And there was also a free gift of five NewEgg/Ritek GO4/L19 -R discs thrown in! So, except for a printed quick start manual and perhaps an IDE or audio cable, this OEM package was getting close to what a retail package could have been.

Since this was to replace an existing drive in my system, I had no need for the cables. But for the person needing cables and mounting screws, etc., a retail package version might be more cost effective than OEM…