Building a new computer need parts

vbimport

I will be buying a computer, and you know thanks giving is coming up.
can you guys give me parts that would be suited for gaming that will not go above 300$.

I have found
AMD Athlon II X3 445
XFX HD 5570

P.S. I’m going to buy my stuff at FRYS, because i dont trust ordering online.

[QUOTE=rolandc5;2549377]I will be buying a computer, and you know thanks giving is coming up.
can you guys give me parts that would be suited for gaming that will not go above 300$.

I have found
AMD Athlon II X3 445
XFX HD 5570

P.S. I’m going to buy my stuff at FRYS, because i dont trust ordering online.[/QUOTE]

Well I don’t shop at FRYS but Newegg. And for me Newegg is the most trust worthy online seller and probably cost less then FRYS as well. But I would’ve said go Newegg but since you limited to FRYS I will leave it to someone else who shops as FRYS to give a more detail answer as the components you should get there or can get there.

I completely agree with coolcolors on this I also do not shop Fry’s as I would have
to buy from them on-line anyway since the closest store is I believe at least several
hundred miles from me down in GA.

I can save money by buying my parts from newegg or even Tigerdirect for that matter
and still save money over what Fry’s charges for parts and shipping. I used to do a lot
and I do mean a lot of business when it was still called Outpost and had free overnight
shipping on everything they sold but since Fry’s has taken it over and jacked the prices
up and started charging an arm and a leg for shipping I quit buying from them completely.

I say give newegg a try or even Tigerdirect and you might just be surprised at how much
$$$$ you might just save. :iagree:

and still save money over what Fry’s charges for parts and shipping.

Perhaps the OP is talking about the bricks and mortar Frys. They’re actually pretty competitive to NewEgg. My Acer REVO and tuner card were priced the same at both, what sent me to the Egg was simply a case of Tax Evasion (8.5% here in WA)…

[QUOTE=rolandc5;2549377]I will be buying a computer, and you know thanks giving is coming up.

I have found
AMD Athlon II X3 445
XFX HD 5570

P.S. I’m going to buy my stuff at FRYS, because i dont trust ordering online.[/QUOTE]

Look for MB/CPU combo deals. Your also going to want to maximize your budget towards the gpu, try to get at least a 5770. Also you can start with just 2GB ram.

Looking a Frys you’ll end up with a rather bad (expensive) and slow hardware at least buy looking at their site.
I’m not sure what you’re looking for but you can get a great deal from ncixus.com (eric93se can confirm this) at the moment and they are a good etailer.

Powercolor Radeon HD 4850 625MHZ 512MB 1.4GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E VGA DVI HDMI Video Card
Intel Core i3 530 Dual Core Processor Clarkdale LGA1156 2.93GHZ Hyperthreading 4MB Cache Retail Box
Gigabyte H55M-UD2H mATX LGA1156 H55 DDR3 1PCI-E16 1PCI-E4 2PCI Sound GBLAN 1394 HDMI Motherboard
$297.11 (!)

I’m not sure if you think that 300 will be enough for a full computer (that actually can play games) because that wont happen.

Just to make you understand,

The Radeon 4850 is about twice as fast as a 5570, 5570 barely passes playable frame rates in most games and it’s cheaper than your 5570 from Fry’s.
In case you doubt me here are some tests…

The CPU is about 27$ more expensive but its about 5-20% faster depending on application and uses a lot less power (50W during load) than the Athlon.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/print/clarkdale-review.html

The motherboard is a good one that allows some overclocking if need, solid choice of components and good support from the manufacturer.
Don’t skimp on it, it’ll bite you in the end if you do.

//Danne

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2549460]Perhaps the OP is talking about the bricks and mortar Frys. They’re actually pretty competitive to NewEgg. My Acer REVO and tuner card were priced the same at both, what sent me to the Egg was simply a case of Tax Evasion (8.5% here in WA)…[/QUOTE]

I was including paying the 9.75% TN tax that newegg charges me just because
they have a warehouse over in Memphis and shipping and it still comes out quite
a bit cheaper for me than buying anything from Fry’s.

Hey rolandc5, do you have a Microcenter in your area. They have some pretty awesome combo deals. They are in store only but check them out HERE.

a Microcenter, ill have to check it out. i dont think ill be needing a video card yet since my 9800gt is good since ill be only be playing starcraft 2.