Building a duplicator: software?

vbimport

Hi all,

For my orchestra/choir I’m burning CD’s with the recordings. This takes quite a lot of time, most recordings are burned 80-120 times. I was thinking about building a duplicator, but not one like those who are sold on the market. Moreover, a readily available duplicator is not within my budget.

My idea is to build a PHP web interface and script some linux burning utilites for it. Instead of copying from a master, the CDs will be burned directly from the source FLAC/WAV files. Someone told me to look for similar software first, but I couldn’t find anything. Does anyone have a suggestion?

I’m a bit confused. Why not just burn the Cd’s with something like Brasero, which supports multiple burners? If you really want to create some scripts then look at Cdrtools, http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/cdrecord.html

Yep, right on!

[QUOTE=fancases;2544606]It takes a long time to burn a cd.[/QUOTE]

How long is too long?

Well, I wanted to make my own scripts because using a headless server-like system somewhere is easiest. I usually work on my laptop, so I’ll take some second-hand hardware and build this thing.

About what is too long, it’s just for the sake of eliminating work. Recording and mixing/mastering already takes quite some time, it would be nice to reduce such a dumb task to something half-automated.