Bug whit movie XXX 2 and Any 5.5.5.1

First sorry for my poor english…
I woud like to make a backup of XXX2 Next Level.
I use Any 5.5.5.1 and CloneDVD.
I only want to backup the movie. So in Clonedvd i just choose the movie with only one language and one subtitle.
CloneDvd with Any in background procced successfuly this operation.
But when i put my backup in a dvd player, first the time was blocked at 2 sec.
And at the middle of the movie, the dvd stop and restard from the begin !!
It’s not a bad media because i restart 3 times the operation

An idea ?

Thank you.

Do the copied files play on your computer harddisk? If yes, it is a media problem.

sonyagiova,
I have seen posts of other people who had trouble with XXX2.

But, like Tru says, it might be bad media. Sure sounds like bad media symptoms to me! Skipping problems, chapter bounce backs … classic crap media problem descriptions. Don’t understand what you are trying to say: “…because i restart 3 times the operation…” or … “was blocked at 2 sec …”. But poor media also causes pixellation which might be what you mean by “…blocked…”

In CloneDVD, click on (select) “Preserve Menu” which sometimes contains “Video Manager” information which tells your player how to play the chapters in order when the extras and special features have been removed (movie only).

Also, in AnyDVD options, try un-checking (deselect) the “Remove Annoying Adverts & Trailers” / “Jump directly to Main Movie” feature in AnyDVD options. Then go to the CSS Tab and uncheck “Use CSS Key Archive”.

1. Did you click on Preserve Menu in CloneDVD?

2. What brand and type of blank media are you using?

Best regards,
Whisperer

Thanks for you reply.
My original dvd should be a crap media ???
“…because i restart 3 times the operation…” => i have burn on 3 media…
… “was blocked at 2 sec …”=> the screen of my dvd player which contain the time stay at 2 secondes

Who check in clonedvd “Preserve menu”

In anydvd “Remove Annoying Adverts & Trailers” / “Jump directly to Main Movie” and “Use CSS Key Archive” was already uncheck

I use DVD+RW Brand Verbatim and Philips.
But on my computer, the when i read the vob, it seem to be ok. Just a little bug at the begin. The Media player do this : play pause play pause about 10 times and after the movie begin but no problem with chapter at all.

are you ripping and burning at the same time?
if so you might try ripping to hard drive first and then later burn to disk
any dvd needs to be running during the rip

I am sure most people will tell you it is not a good idea to rip and burn at the same time
saving time is not much and nearly always lead to the problems you describe

or
also bad media even in a batch of previous good media

or
some times off brand dvd players will have this problem
for eg my 5 yr old has a cheap dvd player and happily accepts Ty media, but the occasional backup disk will not play while that same disk plays perfectly in my other high quality dvd players

I use anydvd to remove encryption, dvd shrink 3.2 free version to rip to disk ususally just main movie with 1 S/Track and 1 sub-title and then clone dvd2 to burn to disk using option 3

Most DVD players don’t like RW. And RW stops being Re-Writable after a certain number of burns. If you like + then use +R and not +R RW. Booktype if your drive allows bitsetting.