Bug Report Forum - Report your bugs here!

vbimport

As you will probably know by now, CD Freaks has launched their new website yesterday. Since everything has been built from scratch there are still some bugs that need to be fixed. If you find a bug then please report it here so we can start working on it! Bugs that we are currently aware of:

-Printing function gives an error.
-Top drop-down menu is sometimes behind the ad (we don’t know if this can be fixed)

If you have any bugs you would like to report then please reply. Your bugs will be added to the todo list and will then hopefully be fixed soon. Bug reports can also include spelling errors or other suggestions.

Please read this post carefully when you want to submit a bug. Bugs that we are already aware of will be listed here. It’s useless to report a bug that we’re already working on.

Thank you for your help!

When creating a thread in this forum, try to indicate the nature of your thread. Is it a real BUG-report or is it a feature-request?

Please indicate this by adding the prefix 'BUG: ’ to the title for bugreports and 'REQ: ’ for requests…

I have 2 nice bugs:

-Sometimes (quite often, actually) everything outside the news “frame” doesn’t load (see http://www.inn.nl/~ngoorman/niek/cdfreaks.jpg , I also posted it in another thread).

-I cannot react on any news! I just click the “react now!” button and absolutely nothing happens (see also http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66776).

I use IE 6.0 and Windows XP.

GMT + 10 is an hour fast
The time now is 5:25am

That menu-behind-ad problem is a real pain.

Wouldn’t it be an incredibly simple solution to just physically place the ad higher up the page (i.e. at the top) and have the menu below it?

–realShady

Hi everyone,

Just in case I will pass this along. I struggled to get the China DVD for pirated goods headline up. I think it was because I was using quotes for “super corrective” in that headline. Maybe the CMS didn’t like it. I was at work at first where I wrote the story, :stuck_out_tongue: thought it was ok after a few editing attempts.

But then at home on that computer, it just displayed the two words prior to the quoted text. Took out the quotes and it displayed correctly. Has anyone else experienced this?

As other have mentioned I see the menu pop-up windows hiding behind the ads. I use Win2K / IE 6.0 and Mozilla 1.5. Same problem for both browsers.

Same problem—menu behind the ads. Also, any time I try to get into the forums, I get sent to the Test Page for the Apache Web Server.

The only way in for me is to click on an individual thread on the front page and then click on the Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power at the top of the page.

Using Mozilla 1.5 as a browser.

Where are they? they are no longer at the top nor hiding behind ad --they arent there at all. Im using IE 6

Hi,
when trying to add a post to an older (LONG) tread, it didn’t work. Instead, I got this message:

There seems to have been a slight problem with the Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power database.
Please try again by pressing the refresh button in your browser.
An E-Mail has been dispatched to our Technical Staff, who you can also contact if the problem persists.

Sadly the email link to Technical Staff is empty, so I can’t tell them. Perhaps they nerver heard of this, because the script doesn’t know the email adress and thus can’t dispatch such errors?

It automatically will send the Email to them, but you just didnt get to see what address it is sedning it to…

On a side note, if you can reproduce that error message again, right click on the page and go to view source, and paste a copy of teh source here so that whoever does the code/php here will be able to see what Database Error vBulletin is throwing…

Originally posted by TripleH
… go to view source, and paste a copy of teh source here so that whoever does the code/php here will be able to see what Database Error vBulletin is throwing…

Ok, here’s the source of the error page:

<html><head><title>Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power Database Error</title><style>P,BODY{FONT-FAMILY:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;FONT-SIZE:11px;}</style><body>

<!-- Database error in vBulletin 2.3.2:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO post (postid,threadid,title,username,userid,dateline,attachmentid,pagetext,allowsmilie,showsignature,ipaddress,iconid,visible) VALUES (NULL,‘84087’,‘What about the Mac version?’,‘anotherMike’,‘64566’,‘1080511225’,‘0’,’[QUOTE]Originally posted by Olli
… Hello, all you Mac users! CloneDVD 2 will run on MacOS X.

So now, as CloneDVD 2 final (Win) is out for some days, I just HAVE TO ask for the state of your MacOSX versions…

Mike’,‘1’,‘0’,‘80.134.87.123’,‘0’,‘1’)
mysql error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

mysql error number: 2013

Date: Monday 29th of March 2004 12:00:25 AM
Script: http://club.cdfreaks.com/newreply.php
Referer: http://club.cdfreaks.com/newreply.php
–>

</table></td></tr></table></form>
<blockquote><p> </p><p><b>There seems to have been a slight problem with the Club CD Freaks - Knowledge is Power database.</b><br>
Please try again by pressing the <a href=“javascript:window.location=window.location;”>refresh</a> button in your browser.</p>An E-Mail has been dispatched to our <a href=“mailto:”>Technical Staff</a>, who you can also contact if the problem persists.</p><p>We apologise for any inconvenience.</p></blockquote></body></head></html>[/QUOTE]

Mike

Is this still occurring? Generally with MySQL lost connection error messages it would generally go away pretty quickly.

What is the thread you are trying to reply to?

Is this still occurring?

Yes, retried multi. Now re-tested 2 minutes ago.

What is the thread you are trying to reply to?

This one (last updated on 24th Jan.): http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84087

Mike

You’re right, it is happening with me as well. Now we just have to wait for the vBulletin Tech to come along and read this and fix it:)

I’m not sure where my bugs went. But I think that they all died when I sprayed the insecticide. There is my report.:smiley:

Err - scratch this - it was about a missing ‘new posts’ tab - how I missed it I don’t know :slight_smile:

Hi,

I just saw three bugs:

1. When sending a private message as email, the receipient sees my email address. I wanted to reach the receipient faster, so I choosed email, but did not intend to expose my email address.
  2. When trying to check my profile options, I had to enter a birthdate before I could see my email properties with selecting ‘Edit Email & Password’.
  3. It is impossible to remove the optional birthdate.

:confused: Hi can anyone help me out ?
I seem to have picked up a DOUBLECLICK spyware/malware
that interupts the web pages on the internet would anyone
know how to get rid of it or can direct me to a site that has
the tools to remove my problem

For about a week, I have been unable to access the main CDFreaks page - though I can reach club.cdfreaks.com.