BUG in Ver 2.8.8.2 regarding subtitles/audio

I don’t know if its just me or maybe a small bug in the new version of clonedvd (2882). Also using anydvd ver 5921(latest ver) on winxp (all updated)
After you select the title of the movie in the “title configuration” menu then I click on “next” this brings me to the “audio and subtitle settings” menu. Under “stream prefences” I have the following checked off:
-audio language = english
-audio channels = 2 channels and 6 channels
-audio encoding = dolby ac-3 and dts
-subtitle languages is left unchecked

Now if I go under “Title 1 stream configuration” the following are automatically checked: -audio streams = english dolby ac-3/6, english dts/6 and english dolby ac-3/2. Nothing else is checked.
Because I don’t want subtitles as a default I don’t have this selected under “stream prefrences” however I like to check the subtitle box under “title 1 stream configuration” This way if there are any imbedded english subtitles when someone is speaking another language (eg james bond die another day) the titles will automatically showup. I have noticed that if you select any subtitles in this menu the audio check boxes become unchecked except the very first one. You will only see the change if you either click “next” and look under the “dvd configuration” or if you have more then one title. Clonedvd v2882 doesn’t seem to remember the settings. However, if you don’t touch anything in the “title 1 stream configuration” nothing changes. Hope this is clear as mud.

Any suggestions?
Will a fix be able to come out shortly to address this problem?
Thank you for your help

There is no bug:

Select the subtitles in the Stream preferences, then CloneDVD will remember your settings. There is (usually) no need to mess with the settings for the individual title.

thanks for the feedback Tru.
If I select english subtitles under “stream preferences” doesn’t that mean that all english subtitles will be shown in the movie as default? Where as if you select them in the “title 1 stream configuration” they will be included with the backup but not shown.
If there is no bug then why does this problem occur now. I have been doing it this way since using clonedvd for years. I don’t understand??
Thank you for your help Tru

Vicmonster
It’s probably just this individual movie, authored in a way you have not encountered yet, that is giving you unwanted, “default” subtitle problems when played in your standalone. Selecting subtitle choices from either the left or right panes on the Stream Preferences page (the 2cnd “filmstrip” page) of CloneDVD has nothing to do with whether the subtitles [I]play as a default[/I]. The right side “Preferences” are just for setting your general rules such as if you know, for sure, you will never have any need for, for instance, French audio or subtitles. CloneDVD remembers your “right side” choices as a “Preference”. From then on, for every movie you backup therafter, those tracks will be deselected automatically. The left side track choices are for refining the selections on the individual movie you are presently backing up in case it has a, for instance, Mongolian sound or sub track that you also want to exclude. The left side choices are not retained in “memory” as a preferrence when you backup a different movie.

Also Many originals, when backed up, need to have the menu included (check “Preserve Menu” CloneDVD’s 1rst page) in order for them not to play when they are not player-selected via the DVD’s setup menu. To be short, on many movies, the sound and subtitles are matrixed through the menu structure via an old time authoring feature called “Video Manager”. So keep the menus to be sure of backup performance … they only use up a little bit of space.

Lastly, check the onscreen setup menu choices of your standalone DVD player. Make sure that the Default subtitle choice is set to “NONE” or “OFF” and does not read “English” or “Spanish” etc. Your settings might have been changed accidentally.

Whisperer

Thanks Whisperer for clearing that up.
I feel like an idiot, all this time not using the check box in the preferences only because a movie started showing subtitles the first time I used the check box.

Thanks again to Tru and Whisperer for your help.

I take the chance of this tread, to explain my problem:

I been using CloneDVD more one year, with almost none problems.

But today, i trew 3 DVD from verbatim to Trash, just because, i select Portuguese subtitles, as always by default, and it did apear, only, the 01/00 subtitle…( Russian i think ).

Then, i did try to copy all the subtitles and, again, only appears one Subtitle :a ( English + Russian? )…

The DVD Movie backup is Wallace & Gromit - The Curse of Were Rabbit.
It says it has Anticopy protection, so, as always i did use AnyDVD last version + DVD Region Free, just in case…

Didn`t work.

Also, it only appear English Audio, but not Portuguese audio… :frowning: :doh:

Resuming:

I did have to use DVDsrink 3.2, to copy this Movie, with all subtitles, English and Portuguese Audio…

Explanation for this?

Protection in the DVD? Bug?

This is not the first time, but i hate to trash 3 nice Verbatim 16X MCC004…

I consider myself a good user, with a good PC, all build by me…

but under this problem, i will stick with other program… :rolleyes: .

Tks in advance,

Mordorr

@ Mordorr,

Suggest refraining from using AnyDVD and DVD Region at the same time because of possible conflict errors problems. The AnyDVD software program will remove any copy portions and region coding all by its self.

Suggest closely reviewing Forum Member Whisperer1 posting # 4 in this thread. Forum Member Whisperer1 does an excellent job of explaining on how set up CloneDVD properly for the desired subtitles and audio streams.

Suggest using CloneDVD and select the desired subtitles and audio streams and then on the CloneDVD output method page select output method “DVD Files” to your hard drive. When CloneDVD is finished processing the files then use your computer software player to view the results to ensure that the correct desired subtitles and audio streams were recorded to your hard drive. If the results reveal that incorrect subtitles and audio streams were recorded to your hard drive then redo the procedure until you achieve the desired results. When the results reveal that the desired subtitles and audio streams were rerecorded properly to your hard drive then use the CloneDVD “Write Existing Data” feature to record the files to a blank DVD media.

Best Regards,
bjkg

Sorry, I am unable to reproduce this problem.
Do you copy with or without menu? Do the selected subtitles appear in the DVD configuration summary?

I’m having the same problem with the audio selection with CloneDVD 2.8.8.2. If I select all of the audio, Eng DD5.1, DTS5,1, French5.1 etc … it only copies the first language selection and not the others. I went back to CloneDVD 2.8.5.1 and the problem was solved. Absolutly a bug in 2.8.8.2 and 2.8.8.1.

Why does nobody care to answer James’ question? Don’t you people want to have this problem fixed if there really is one - I don’t have any problem with audio streams and subtitle selection in CloneDVD 2.8.8.2, with or without menus. I have the feeling some people want to see bugs in a new release… which aren’t there. :slight_smile:

Slysoft wrote:

Sorry, I am unable to reproduce this problem.
Do you copy with or without menu? Do the selected subtitles appear in the DVD configuration summary?

Without. Clone all video, in this case, offered me a 54% unaceptable compression…

Izzy_Deadyet wrote:

I’m having the same problem with the audio selection with CloneDVD 2.8.8.2. If I select all of the audio, Eng DD5.1, DTS5,1, French5.1 etc … it only copies the first language selection and not the others. I went back to CloneDVD 2.8.5.1 and the problem was solved. Absolutly a bug in 2.8.8.2 and 2.8.8.1.

So it seems i`n not the only one… :sad:

Tru wrote:

I don’t have any problem with audio streams and subtitle selection in CloneDVD 2.8.8.2, with or without menus. I have the feeling some people want to see bugs in a new release… which aren’t there.

There are at least 2 readers with this problem.Maybe i should open a new tread, with same questions?
Nice, you dont have this problems.....so i presume you dont have any solution,

bjkg:

Im using AnyDVD + DVD region Free, because i encounter some DVDs, even using last version of AnyDVD, it didn`t work.
But using both same time, it did work well.
But yes, maybe can occur some errors… :rolleyes:

Like i said, i have more than one year of using CloneDVD, and more than 100 DVDs backups, so, i presume to have a resonable use of it…even so, i will look for that manuel…

Well, one of the thinks i like on CloneDVD it`s is easy, fast opereration method.
Using DVD Output method, gives 2 much work.For that i can use DVDsrink, who has a DVD reader incorporated :iagree:

I still have the orinal movie, and i did donwgreded to CloneDVd 2.8.4.1 version.
I will try make a copy, on same conditions on a DVD RW.

I will post results later :slight_smile:

Sorry the english, and tks all for the fast answers!

Mordorr

No, and if you refuse to answer James’ question, nobody will ever provide one. :slight_smile:

You have to check (include) “Preserve Menus” even if you are backing up the movie only. James needs you to answer his question:

Do the selected subtitles appear in the DVD configuration summary?
Re installing an older version does not help you because you have to be able to stay current with new protections and authoring structures. If you give up and go backwards, you are dead in the water!

Whisperer

it’s fine that you have problems, but when people WHO ARE INVOLVED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE SOFTWARE ask questions to try to help, and you don’t answer them then I don’t know what to tell ya…there’s no one better suited to help fix this problem than the people that are already posting in this thread.

it might be a good idea to answer their questions!!

Well, it seems i should open a new tread…

I ask sorry if i did/say something wrong.It`s my first post here on Clonedvd… :frowning:

After insert the original movie on my Lite-On, put Anydvd on ( only Anydvd ), i use this options:

They are exact options i use with 2.8.8.2.

Then i put on DVD Player, and this time, i have acess to all Subtitles and Portuguese/English audio.

Problem solved ( for me ). I will stick with this version 2.8.4.1.

Once again, tks for the suport, and once more, sorry if i post badly. :confused:

Out and Over,

Mordorr

P.S. - Who is james? Didn`t get that part… :disagree:

read the post by “Slysoft”

also, Tru knows what he’s talking about as well.

Mordorr,
You didn’t “post badly” … you’re not being rude or anything … you’re just tired of “fiddling”. And we all crave the thrill of solving problems more than you do. :bigsmile: In my career, I’ve been trained to recognize different personality types as all being valid.

But, all that aside, you have only resolved one small issue, with one older DVD movie, by going backwards. I’m sure after all the trouble of uninstalling the new version and reinstalling the old version, you don’t want to “go at it” again (right now), and that you don’t appreciate being pushed.

But you didn’t solve your problem and your ARE going to run into problems, soon, on newer movies you try to backup. Take a little mental break and then reinstall the new CloneDVD and come-on back to this thread and repost … no need to start a new thread. At that time, post the same page image that you posted above but from the new CloneDVD. We’ll go from there.

Whisperer

Yah, that’s it … I bought all of the SlySoft products hoping that one of the next releases would have a bug in it. :iagree:

Anyhow, I don’t really want to argue but just because you don’t have an issue with 2.8.8.2 doesn’t mean that one doesn’t exist. Going back to 2.8.5.1 resolves the problem so I have to think the bug is in 2.8.8.1 and 2.8.8.2.

As to the details:
AnyDVD 5.9.2.1
CloneDVD 2.8.8.2
CloneCD 5.2.7.1
WindowsXP Home SP2 (a legal copy)

When trying to “Copy” the main title only and selecting several audio streams, only the first audio stream is copied. The “Stream preferences” are all checked for both audio and subtitles. I then deselect all subtitles individually and deselect certain audio streams. Example: The “Stream preferences” are all checked for audio and subtitles for any given DVD (same problem with serveral DVD’s), I deselect all of the subtitles from the bottom left hand window, I deselect some audio streams from the bottom left hand window, I leave English Dolby AC-3/6, English DTS and French Dolby AC-3/6 checked (lets says I deselected Spanish audio). The only audio language that gets copied is English Dolby AC-3/6.

When going back to CloneDVD 2.8.5.1 the problem is resolved without any other changes being made. Clearly going back to an older version doesn’t help me in the long run but it helps for the moment.

I hate to repeat myself, but: Do the selected subtitles appear in the DVD configuration summary?
Why do you select subtitles / language tracks on the left side? You should only use the right side, if possible.

Okay, I can reproduce this problem. The hint “clicking on the left side” helped a lot. Simple advice until we have a fixed version: Don’t click on the left side. :slight_smile: You usually don’t need to do this.