Bug in SecuROM v5.00.03.0006 (Legacy Of Kain: Defiance)?

vbimport

Hi ppl,
just found out that my Plextor Premium Copy (BlindWrite 4.5.7, of course NO autoplay or any other emulation needed / used) works also from my burner WITHOUT any hide-atip utility… and it loads FASTER than the original :iagree: :cool: :bigsmile:
nevertheless, i play from my good toshiba…
then, i tested it on my girlfriend laptop dvd/cd-rw combo drive and there it also works without any help of tools…
and on this laptop it is just nero 6 installed, so 100% nothing that could maybe hide atip information…
and: if i try to play my safedisc backups from the burner, they DON’T work, they tell me to re-insert the disc and try again…
so, is is luck for me or has anyone else made this experience???
greetz,
Raz

Might be a bug indeed.

Checked to make sure alcohol or Blindwrite isn’t running in the background.

Also the CCD Tray is capable of running in silent mode with “/s” option in registry, check through registry to b sure.

Thanx for the heads up.

Nah i dont think its a bug, you may like to check further back on other Securom titles, you may be surprised. :slight_smile:

Still the next Securom game may have it back

Checked to make sure alcohol or Blindwrite isn’t running in the background.

yes, as i said nothing is running in background…
it also works on a pc with nothing like alc or bw or ccd installed… :slight_smile:

Nah i dont think its a bug, you may like to check further back on other Securom titles, you may be surprised.

no time for that at the moment… :wink: :wink: :wink:

I bought a liteon ltc 48161H dvd combo recently and decided to try backing up UT2003 and Unreal 2 to see if they would work as they didnt with my old burner.

To my surprise, not only did both discs work, but both disc work in the cdrw combo drive without any emulation at all. I have nero, clone cd and alcohol 120 installed , and have scoured the settings in all these programs to find out why this is to no avail.

Would someone like to explain ths to me? Could it be that the ATIP is not being checked because it is a dvd combo? The same thing happened when the image was written to a cdrw and a cdr for both games.

I have tried running the clone cd tray and disabling the hide cdr and even uninstalled alcohol, but both discs still work…