Bug-free P2P software

Hi there,

I’m looking for another free P2P software besides eMule but one where the .exe file aka the download doesn’t come with all sorts of viruses and similarly nefarious critters. Recently trying to install WinMX sent my NOD32 anti-virus software hit the roof :wink:

Any helpful tips?

Thanks so much and have a good week everybody,

John

You want bug free software?

That’s a fantastic idea! A superb idea!

Why didn’t anybody come up with that genious idea of making bug-free software? I suggest you patent that idea, because it could make trillions! You and your family can be multi-trillionaires! Bug free!

(Yes, that was sarcasm)

Now, on to anwering seriously: Emule sucks, do not use Emule. Edonkey sucks. Bearshare sucks. They all suck. (But that’s only my opinion, the CEO of Bearshare might think otherwise)

Use other products. I have no clue what product may be good for you and whatnot, but BitTorrent and/or Kazaa or something might be better. (or have less virusses, dunno). Mind you, both programs are not really bug free :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

i had found that peerweb has a good source of files that were clean and i had to use shareaza to download the files but they are hard to connect to latley i would say try them until you get though some times the site goes down i don’t know why but they do come back oh one other thing the down loads are slow for some people but i would say give them a try

Hi Spboyd1 and Mr. Belvedere,

Many thanks for your feedback, sarcastic and otherwise :slight_smile:

I did try Peerweb and Shareaza and both appear to be down right now. So, I’m going to give them another shot later on. I think I’m also going to give Kazaa another try (didn’t like it very much when I tried it several months ago)

Well, I ended up downloading WinMX and, low and behold, Bearshare Pro (though I’m not entirely sure what’s pro about it ;)) and found that WinMX now appears to have fewer bugs than a few months ago. In fact, only one which my NOD32 antispy program was kind enough to take care of. I came away with the impression, though, that eMule has more files than the other 2 P2Ps.

Have a good weekend, guys!

John

i had found that peerweb has a good source of files that were clean and i had to use shareaza to download the files but they are hard to connect to latley i would say try them until you get though some times the site goes down i don't know why but they do come back oh one other thing the down loads are slow for some people but i would say give them a try.

You want bug free software? That’s a fantastic idea! A superb idea! Why didn’t anybody come up with that genious idea of making bug-free software? I suggest you patent that idea, because it could make trillions! You and your family can be multi-trillionaires! Bug free!
(Yes, that was sarcasm)

Now, on to anwering seriously: Emule sucks, do not use Emule. Edonkey sucks. Bearshare sucks. They all suck. (But that’s only my opinion, the CEO of Bearshare might think otherwise) Use other products. I have no clue what product may be good for you and whatnot, but BitTorrent and/or Kazaa or something might be better. (or have less viruses, dunno). Mind you, both programs are not really bug free.

I love You Food, I Thank You Food, I Respect You Food -
I love You Water, I Thank You Water, I Respect You Water -
I love You Air, I Thank You Air, I Respect You Air.

LIMEWIRE