Buffer Underrun Protection

Hi ppl I’ve been wondering this for a long time…

I currently have a LG 8160B model cdwriter, 16x write 10x rewrite and 40x read

I always use Nero to burn all my discs

Just wanna ask, will there be more chances of coasters if I use the 16x write speed with buffer underrun protection rather than 12x write speed with buffer underrun protection?

And wut’s the diff between Track-at-once and Disc-at-once? well rite now I just use disc-at-once, is that the correct one to use if you’re just gonna burn the entire cd in one shot?

thx for your help peeps

Originally posted by NetherMagic
Just wanna ask, will there be more chances of coasters if I use the 16x write speed with buffer underrun protection rather than 12x write speed with buffer underrun protection?

The buffer underrun protection will prevent coasters from buffer underruns at any speed. The main cause of coasters other than buffer underruns is incompatible or bad media. As long as your media is compatible with or rated for 16x, this shouldn’t be a problem. Use the 16ix write speed with no worries.

And wut’s the diff between Track-at-once and Disc-at-once? well rite now I just use disc-at-once, is that the correct one to use if you’re just gonna burn the entire cd in one shot?

Disk-at-once is the correct mode for burning a complete CDR in one session. It is generally preferred to track-at-once, although TAO does have its uses.

See What’s the difference between disc-at-once and track-at-once?