Buffer underrun protection when burning DVD with 107D

Hi there,

first of all I wanted to thank you all for this great forum where I learned a lot of thing in the last few days since I found it. Great job.

Now about my question, I’m not sure I’m posting in the right topic family so feel free to move the thread.

I did try to find answers to my question before posting but frankly I’m at a loss as to what key words I should search with.

And finally, my question is (you thought it would never come, eh ?) :
I am the proud owner of a Pioneer DVR-107D. I’m using Nero 6.3.0.3 and firmware 1.10 (official) to burn CDs and DVDs (+ and -) and everything is fine, but I noticed that when I burn DVDs, Nero doesn’t display the line that says “enabling buffer underrun protection” or something in its log window. It does show it when burning a CD, though.
So I was wondering what that means. Does it mean that the 107D isn’t capable of doing underrun protection with DVDs, or is it that Nero simply forgets to tell me it’s doing it, or isn’t using this even though it should ? Or maybe you aren’t supposed to use this feature with DVDs ?

Can someone please explain this to me ?
Thanks.

That is a nero issue.

It’s the same for all DVD-Writers. When writing a DVD it do not tell you that the buffer underrun protection is enabled - but it of course is.

There is no reason to worry, buffer underrun prevention technology is enabled :slight_smile:

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am relieved :slight_smile: