Buffer under runs

Is there a program out there that can detect the highest possible burn speed my computer can handle at the moment? I have an old computer and a burner with no buffer under run protection so I get some under runs sometimes if I burn too fast or my computer is boggled down. Thx for any info.

Nero CDSpeed. Insert a blank disc and run the transfer rate test and the data disc test.

Originally posted by mmz87
Is there a program out there that can detect the highest possible burn speed my computer can handle at the moment? I have an old computer and a burner with no buffer under run protection so I get some under runs sometimes if I burn too fast or my computer is boggled down. Thx for any info.

That’s the purpose of a burn simulation, which all major burning programs have. It allows you to test the performance of the burner under load with background programs and the burning program running. If a buffer underrun occurs, it will cause the simulation to fail without producing a coaster. In that case, reduce the burn speed and try the simulation again.

The burn simulation feature is very useful for predicting buffer underruns under load, but can’t test media failure as nothing is written to the disc. :wink: