Buffer+Plextor

vbimport

Yo!

I burn cds with an IDE Plextor 16x.
When I am burning; the buffer goes to 100%, and 1 minute later the whole buffer goes to 0%
Is this a problem and why is it?
With my old burner the cd was …er… defect:confused: when the buffer was on 80% :frowning:

Check this article in the CD Freaks KnowHow dbase… This will solve 90% of your problems :slight_smile:

Yeah :slight_smile: Nice article.
Well, I guess my drivers are already up to date, but what’s the problem when the buffers run empty?
BTW My Plex is Slave and my Harddisk is Master so I guess that 'll be the problem, but I still have to fix it…

Most of the times it’s a DMA problem. Enable this for each device! If you’re only having the problem with CloneCD it could be that you’re using ALI, VIA or INTEL busmaster drivers which CloneCD doesn’t like. Uninstall them and use the standard M$ drivers.

DMA must be enabled? It always has been…
Where can I download those M$ drivers then? When my VIA drivers where not installed; the system was mucho slower :frowning:

Grtz JP.

Originally posted by jpschadde
Where can I download those M$ drivers then? When my VIA drivers where not installed; the system was mucho slower :frowning:
The M$ drivers are present in your Windows version… I know the VIA drivers are faster so you first try using the latest drivers to see if it helps. If it doesn’t help then you have to use the M$ ones… These should work ok…

Thx in advance :slight_smile:
But the only problem is it’s a little bit slower?
So i don’t need to hurry :slight_smile:

Me again :slight_smile:
er… …Flashing BIOS; would that help? And how too fix that :slight_smile: ?

Tomrrow I will first try to set the Plexieboy master :slight_smile:

er… …Flashing BIOS; would that help? And how too fix that :slight_smile: ?
Nope don’t think so… Try the Master settings and report back :slight_smile:

Yo G@M3FR3@K,

Works perfect!!

Thanx for your help!

Great. Another happy customer :wink:

:frowning:

Burning PSX cds still doesn’t work. Let’s download the latest VIA drivers :slight_smile:
Still searching for those ****drivers :frowning: Can’t find them :frowning:

[B]…:frowning:

Burning PSX cds still doesn’t work.[/B]
It could because the Plextor 16x doesn’t support the reading of SubChannel Data (from Data Tracks). Use a different reader if you’re using the Plex as reader.

Hmmz… …That’s NOT the prob… …I read with a different reader.
Do you know where I can download the latest VIAdrivers?

Maybe from your motherboards-manufacturer’s website? (I didn’t know yours so I could search it for you…)

Goodluck

I have got an MSI mainboard. VIA drivers so I thougt lets search 4 via and drivers and chipset with altavista… …came by cyrix.com : doesn’t work… …Still searching :frowning:

OK, found this site:
MSI UK
Dutch MSI

Now, could you tell me WHERE I need to download WHAT :slight_smile: ?
And how I should install that?

Edit:

Mainboard type: VIA KT133A Chipset Based, MSI K7T Turbo

Thanx in advance,

VIA 4in1 431 "Driver for use only with VIA chipset Motherboard " should be ok I think from http://www.msi.com.tw/support/driver/driver/4in1431v.zip

Goodluck!

I hope so. Thanx for searching this all for me. Let’s try…

Yes let me know the outcome but keep in mind that CloneCD doesn’t like the VIA drivers (or is it the other way around ;)) and it may not work at all. The M$ ones are recommended.

Succes! :smiley: