I have a strange and frustrating problem with my new DVD burner Pioneer 107D. The system is rock stable when playing games or working with different applications. But when burning in Nero (188.8.131.52) everything starts ok, but sometimes (about 50% of my burns) after while the Nero buffer level (the one that interprets the drive internal buffer) start fluctuating from 0-98%. And in the end I've always got a BSOD. These BSOD are different types, but most of them are Kernel_Stack_InPage_Error (0x..77), file system error like ntfs.sys (0x...24,0x...50).
Some burns have finished ok and it's make it even more strange.
So, what I have tried till now. Trust me that almost everything:
1) uninstalling Primary and Secondary IDE channel in Device manager and rebooting: (the DMA are enabled - HDD is UDMA 5, DVD is UDMA 2)
2) reinstalling Windows XP (SP1)
3) reinstalling Nero, upgrading to the last version
4) trying different types of media (acctually now I'm using DVD+RW (Verbatim (MKM), Memorex (Philips.041), Teac(Ritek)) because I was tired by collecting coasters when burning on DVD-R)
5) updating different firmware (1.10, 1.13)
6) trying different speeds (2x, 4x) - mostly I'm burning 4x on 4x certified media
7) install via hyperion drivers - last version 4.51
8) run the RAM check without error, switch the RAM to different bank
and what do you think? I still have problem with fluctuating buffer and BSOD in about 50% of my burns:-(((
Have anyone an idea what to do?
Thanks a lot in advance,
System configuration: (no problem in device manager, no overlock)
Soltek 75FRV (KT400)
AMD 2000+ (Palomino)
HDD WD800BB (IDE1 - Master)
Pioneer DVD+-RW 107D (IDE2 -Slave) (firmware 1.13-NIL region free)
PCI Internal modem
Windows XP Proffesional (SP1)