Budget for cd production

Hi I’m supose to make a budget as if I was really going to hire/buy them. What are the things you would need to budget on for a making a interactive cd-rom (interactive as in website on a cd with extra effects). Software & Computer is not counted cause it is supplied already. I’m guessing Authoring, Printing & Delivery would need to be budget so anyone can give me more things that need to be budget?

Blank CD’s or DVD’s

Time.

If any of the content is under any way copyrighted, you’ll need to allow for licensing.

Cases & Boxes.

Would hurt for at a least a few burners & license for multi-cdr capable software.

I think this place is going brain dead :bigsmile:
5 million new nobs a day and they don’t have a clue which end is up

This would probably be better in the Newbie Forum, than in the Living Room :wink:

Thread moved

your up early

1. licensing for all content (to get rights to whatever you want to put on there)

2.) licensing for whatever copy protection you want on your disc…if you want it proteted. companies don’t give away their protection schemes for free (and if they do they probably don’t work) Then again, this forum is about making ALL copy protection schemes not work so this might be a useless step :wink:

1. designers/programmers (to create the content with the material you’ve gotten the rights for, make it look pretty, and make it work correctly)

2. production (having masters made up, checking them then paying for copies to be made. in this step you don’t buy “blank discs.” any reputable production house will not BURN, they PRESS. the cost of discs are factored into “production costs.” This also eliminates “duplication” budgeting since they will press however many you want and you don’t need someone sitting there with a duplication tower)

3. distribution to get the product to the masses and into best buys across the country :stuck_out_tongue:

4. marketing/ad campaigns (to make people want to buy the product)

how specific do you need to be? there’s also personnel involced…art directors, graphic designers, producers, techs, test marketing, etc., etc.

*note, i’ve never produced a cd-rom before. My experience is with records and CDs, but I adapted a lot of the process to what I assume someone producing interactive contentmight need…

send it to me ill un protect it and send it right back. you pay the postage :doh:

Ahem This is a serious thread. Disc sniffing & the similar activites inspired from the living room is inappropriate.

So is Disc sniffing the new in thing??? What happened to Petrol sniffing??? Is it old fashion now ???

The term is noobs bk, nobs is an insult involving a certain art of the male anatomy. :bigsmile:

coathi catch up with the times, it’s disc sniffing now that’s all the rage. Though it has to be A-Grade to be of any use the lower grade ones just deteriate your brain too fast.