BTC DRW 1004 IM . Firmware earased..need help

i earase the firmware during updating…now my dvd burner dont work anymore… nor lights and so on … can i put a new firmware on without sending the burner to taiwan …

Hi mig,

If you are still able to boot the PC with the drive attached you can try to download the 0047 firmware (DOS version) from here
http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl94233/btc/0047dos.zip

1. First extract the downloaded zipfile to your harddrive. Place the extracted files in a folder on your C: drive called 0047dos or similar.

2. Now, boot the PC from a DOS boot disk

3. Change directory to C:\0047dos by typing
    C:
    CD 0047dos

at the DOS prompt

4. If your drive is attached to your secondary IDE port as master just type f<enter>

5. If your drive is attached to your secondary IDE port as slave just type f 4<enter>

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Peter

i cant . because i have only ntfs partiotions :frowning:

isnt there another way to put a firmware on my burner ?=

do like i did and create a small 1 GB or so partition in FAT32. very handy for flashing etc :bigsmile:

when you have a win98 bootdisk it should work also with ntfs partitions, i do biosupdates by this way.

greets

herbei

Do you have an DVD-ROM or CD-ROM??

If so set this drive to the same master/slave/CS settings as your DRW1004 drive.
Disconnect the IDE cable from the DRW drive and connect it to your DVD/CD-ROM drive… Note that you leve the power connected to the DRW drive…

Now boot with the diskette with the flashtool.

When booted unplug the IDE cable from the CD/DVD-ROM and plug it into your DVD drive.

Now start F.bat (or the flash command) from your diskette and this should work. You should see after a couple of steps the lights burning again… :slight_smile:

Greetz,

Raptorke

thx alot guys … all is working fine now :slight_smile: