BTC 1008 needed FW for burning 8x with 4x RICOHJPNR01

vbimport

Hi, btc firmware support and hackers!

I and we BTC 1008 owners need your help on achieving the same result on the liteon dvd burner, which successfully burning 8x with RICOHJPNR01 4x.

With the lack of 8x media, and popularity of RICOHJPNR01 discs, the whole proud BTC community need something that would quiet down liteon folks!

Please attach the firmware here, Thank you!

:cop:

chegnj60,
are you saying that this drive will not be able to burn RICOHJPNR01 4x at 8x at all or its allows you to do that, but it the DVD doesn’t work? Nero only shows 4x option, and my Khypermedia was able to burn 4x media at 8x.

your Khypermedia burner is most likely a benQ. Which can burn 4x media at 8x with firmware update… BTC currently doesn’t have the Available firmware to do so. But if someone can modify the latest firmware to let Nero have 8x writing option for 4x discs. Right now my imation(ricoh) 4x shows up in Nero as a 4x disc with no 8x option. I think this drive itself can also do 8x burning with 4x disc. Personally I don’t think it is difficult to alter the firmware giving the right type of tools. I am hoping someone would help us out here.

Originally posted by chegnj60
your Khypermedia burner is most likely a benQ. Which can burn 4x media at 8x with firmware update… BTC currently doesn’t have the Available firmware to do so. But if someone can modify the latest firmware to let Nero have 8x writing option for 4x discs. Right now my imation(ricoh) 4x shows up in Nero as a 4x disc with no 8x option. I think this drive itself can also do 8x burning with 4x disc. Personally I don’t think it is difficult to alter the firmware giving the right type of tools. I am hoping someone would help us out here.

I hope they will come out with a new firmware soon, because right now most of the drives has the ability to “overburn” I might just get the benq drive just for that. Actually, why would one person want the + and - drive? It just doesn’t make sense to me.