BTC 1004IM do not want to work

Hi!
Yesterday I bought a BTC 1004IM. I put my old DVD-Player out of my PC and put the BTC at the same place in.
It is as SLAVE after my CD-Writer on one IDE-Channel. I tried it as Master too, it does not work:
Win XP Pro start, the HDD work, and after 20 sec. I get a bluescreen and my PC makes a new start.

What can I do?

Thomas

Try using the secondary IDE port. Before you get the drive working, use it as the only drive on that port, master or slave, doesn’t matter.

After you switch on the PC, check first if the tray in/out button works, just so you’re sure that the unit has power.

If this works, go into the mainboard’s BIOS and verify that the secondary IDE port has been enabled and UDMA mode can be used.

After starting up Windows, check if the system has recognized the drive and installed it in MY COMPUTER.

Let me know if it works sofar. If not, let me know where things went wrong.

Marco
BTC Europe Support

Originally posted by Thomas Janas
[B]Hi!
Yesterday I bought a BTC 1004IM. I put my old DVD-Player out of my PC and put the BTC at the same place in.
It is as SLAVE after my CD-Writer on one IDE-Channel. I tried it as Master too, it does not work:
Win XP Pro start, the HDD work, and after 20 sec. I get a bluescreen and my PC makes a new start.

What can I do?

Thomas [/B]

I had lots of problems after upgrading to the new F/W with the DVD working when it was on the same chain as my Creative CD-Reader… I would suggest keeping the Burner on a chain all by itself if at all possible

CoreyOli

I did everything you wrote before I wrote into this forum.
I installed Win once again and the Writer works.

Thank You

Thomas