BSOD x'8086' with Binflash SONY DRUV204A

After installing the Sony DRUV204A on my Dell XPS Gen4 running WINXP SP2 I downloaded Win32 Binflash v1.46A, unzipped it, went to a command prompt and issued the command necflash –scan.

The scan begins but then I get a bsod, stop 8086. I looked at the minidump and it said that the failing module was most likely iastor.sys. Iastor.sys is the driver for the Intel® 82801FR Sata AHCI Controller. In device manager I see that it’s the original iastor.sys, dated 6-29-2004. The dump also mentioned aspi32.sys and sptd.sys The BSOD happens with any necflash command, not just scan.

One forum mentioned DVD43 having caused a bsod like this so I uninstalled DVD43 but still get it. Finally I went into safe mode and necflash works. Is there any problem flashing the firmware in safe mode? If there is a problem, does someone know why this is happening in normal mode?
Thanks.
:frowning:

[quote=screamingmoose;2194949]After installing the Sony DRUV204A on my Dell XPS Gen4 running WINXP SP2 I downloaded Win32 Binflash v1.46A, unzipped it, went to a command prompt and issued the command necflash –scan.

The scan begins but then I get a bsod, stop 8086. I looked at the minidump and it said that the failing module was most likely iastor.sys. Iastor.sys is the driver for the Intel® 82801FR Sata AHCI Controller. In device manager I see that it’s the original iastor.sys, dated 6-29-2004. The dump also mentioned aspi32.sys and sptd.sys The BSOD happens with any necflash command, not just scan.

One forum mentioned DVD43 having caused a bsod like this so I uninstalled DVD43 but still get it. Finally I went into safe mode and necflash works. Is there any problem flashing the firmware in safe mode? If there is a problem, does someone know why this is happening in normal mode?
Thanks.
:([/quote] Hi screamingmoose, welcome to CDF. We have different sub forums for different questions. This is the bargain Basement and I doubt you will get many answers here. Let me see if I can move it to the appropriate forum.

Yep, I wasn’t even close. That’s what I get for working on a Sunday afternoon. Were you able to move it to the firmware forum or should I just post a copy there?
Thanks,

I’m going to copy this over to the firmware forum.
Thanks,
The SM (screamingmoose)

After installing the Sony DRUV204A on my Dell XPS Gen4 running WINXP SP2 I downloaded Win32 Binflash v1.46A, unzipped it, went to a command prompt and issued the command necflash –scan.

The scan begins but then I get a BSOD, stop 8086. I looked at the minidump and it said that the failing module was most likely iastor.sys. Iastor.sys is the driver for the Intel® 82801FR Sata AHCI Controller. In device manager I see that it’s the original iastor.sys, dated 6-29-2004. The dump also mentioned aspi32.sys and sptd.sys The BSOD happens with any necflash command, not just scan.

One forum mentioned DVD43 having caused a bsod like this so I uninstalled DVD43 but still BSOD. Finally I went into safe mode and tried it there. Necflash worked in safe mode. Is there any problem flashing the firmware in safe mode? If there is a problem, does anyone know why this is happening in normal mode?
yrz,
The Moose

:cool:

[QUOTE=screamingmoose;2195087]I’m going to copy this over to the firmware forum.
Thanks,
The SM (screamingmoose)[/QUOTE]

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Just a reminder that it’s against forum rules to crosspost, you’d have been better off sending a message to a senior mod or Admin to move your existing thread. :wink:

** Threads merged **