BSOD Win 7 Pro 64 bit

vbimport

hi, is there any way to screen capture Win 7 64 bit Pro bsod? I’m trying fix the bsod. It’s been a long while I had this happen. The bsod message Windows displayed after a reboot is greek to me. Also, this message ask if I want to checked for solutions later or cancel. How do I get Windows to checked online for a solution to the bsod. Thx

[QUOTE=prim8e;2712951]hi, is there any way to screen capture Win 7 64 bit Pro bsod? I’m trying fix the bsod. It’s been a long while I had this happen. The bsod message Windows displayed after a reboot is greek to me. Also, this message ask if I want to checked for solutions later or cancel. How do I get Windows to checked online for a solution to the bsod. Thx[/QUOTE]

No. You will need a digital camera and take a picture of the actual BSOD and then post it. That is the only way I know you can do it and get the actual screen of the error. If there is some other way I don’t know of it off hand right now.

Get yourself a little program called BlueScreenView. Set Windows for a small memory dump in startup and recovery. The program will read the most recent dump and tell you what was running when it crashed. As often as not it will let you know what is at fault or at least point you in the right direction. Just be aware that with each crash, the previous minidump is over-written.

There are a number of different tools for reading mini dump files, this one seems to be well regarded.

Unfortunately BlueScreenView (BSV) does not help in all cases. I also had Bluescreens a while ago when I was running virtual machines on my PC. According to BSV they seemed to be related to drivers coming from VMWare. However I did not have this issue on my second PC.

Eventually I managed to identify Asrock XFast LAN (a certain version of cFosSpeed) as the culprit, using the Microsoft Debugging Tools. Here you can find some basic instructions on how to use them.

BSV will accurately tell you what driver has crashed, but it doesn’t tell you why. Often the cause can be some other process conflicting. Its rarely straightforward.
I used to get a lot of BSOD in different drivers, but the cause was a Logitech process conflicting with them.

So for example if you’re getting BSOD from drivers related to storage, you need to look at all storage related drivers. That’s what I meant by stating that BSV can point you in the right direction.

If it was easy, it wouldn’t be Windows.

My first reaction on a computer with a BSOD (repetitive) that is brought to me for repair is to feed it a windows installation disc

No I do NOT reinstall windows, but the “repair windows” option on the last page BEFORE it reinstalls windows is far more effective that letting windows try to repair itself from the hard drive.

[QUOTE=prim8e;2712951]hi, is there any way to screen capture Win 7 64 bit Pro bsod? I’m trying fix the bsod. It’s been a long while I had this happen…[/QUOTE]
Uncheck this box and get out your digital camera and then post the picture.

Also, this message ask if I want to checked for solutions later or cancel. How do I get Windows to checked online for a solution to the bsod. Thx
Your probably not fully connected to your wireless network at that point which is why you don’t have the option to check online. See the other picture on how to report them.

hi use BSV to capture the BSOD info, any ideas what it is saying

bsod 21.txt (1.84 KB)

crash dump.txt (1.84 KB)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

Usually these two faults appear when hardware is degrading. This may be due to heat, dust, humidity or just old age. Usually video card and/or memory hardware.

Heat and dust bunnies are a computers worst nightmare…especially if one doesn’t clean their system of dust on regular basis and more if they use it more often. You be surprised how much a CPU fins how dust grows on them over a short time. Those two combination reduces lifespan faster but not as fast as someone that abuses their computer.

would running tests to stress the components you have identified suffice? I was planning to use memtest to checked the ram; OCCT to stress test the cpu, video card and the power supply. As to the cleanliness of my computer, it is clean from the top to bottom because I had to reinstalled my m/b recently. Furthermore, I do not overclock my system other than using the XMP profile for my Mushkin ram. My system temp is as follows: m/b 34 degrees celsius, Cpu 44 C, video card 35 C.