BSOD STOP 0x0000007B

vbimport

Config
MB-ASUS M3A78-EM
proc-AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core, 2310MHz
Memory-2 GB
HD-SATA 500GB
OS-xp sp2

i just encountered this error.BSOD STOP 0x0000007B it is just giving me headache,I got this problem in past and somehow resolved.
PC was running normal ,until video driver gets corrupted and running dxdiag direct3d failed. i mean that video driver gets somehow corrupted and after restarting i get this bsod .in the past i encounter this ;resolution get lowered and color changes to 8bit.
i have scandisk the drive ,ran antivirus.system doesn’t start in safe mode also.what’s the problem ??
help me out.

here’s the problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

[QUOTE=slayerking;2538648]here’s the problem http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103[/QUOTE]

i have seen it but why video driver failed before the bsod.is drive corrupted.i have scanned and scanned the drive many times and found no problem.previously problem gone using Last Known Good Configuration , but not now.
BTW how can i check the driver files.i ran sfc command usind boot cd ,but gets “window resource protectioncould not start repair service”.

i tried to repair install of xp but still gets the same stop 7b error after copying setup files and starting.

It sounds like you may have a virus in your mbr. Start off the XP cd again and go into recovery answer the questions and type “fixmbr” then “fixboot” in that order without the “”. That will wipe the mbr and anything else in there then put a new bootloader on.
It could also be your mobo is stuffed.

Have you tried testing the memory in the system?

thnks for replies although.never mind i installed win7 ,rip window xp.fed up of frequent bsods ,just tried to repair from noon to late night.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2538845]thnks for replies although.never mind i installed win7 ,rip window xp.fed up of frequent bsods ,just tried to repair from noon to late night.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
Good call bet it’s fine now as 7 would have rewrote the boot sector getting rid of anything there.
I liken windows XP to a hooker full of viruses

STOP:0x0000007B mean INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE - Windows boot loader can’t find working copy of Windows OS. It happens because of wide range of the reasons. The solution is to remove this reason. To fix MFT problems by checkdisk, fix boot.ini or enable IDE mode instead of AHCI and so on.

You can also try running these commands from a CMD window to rebuild the boot sectors, but you will need a bootable CD or DVD so you can get to the C:\ prompt.

C:
Bootrec.exe /fixmbr
Bootrec.exe /fixboot
Chkdsk /r
Press Enter after each command and wait until it finishes and the C:\ prompt reappears before doing the next one. Then reboot normally.

7B means you have a driver problem with your HDD controller.

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2538633]Config
MB-ASUS M3A78-EM
proc-AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core, 2310MHz
Memory-2 GB
HD-SATA 500GB[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=sujeet2555;2538633]OS-xp sp2
[/QUOTE]

Did you use the Asus site to find the right drivers to install? I look and found it just using your Motherboard model.
http://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/24/24/4/KjpYqzmAd9vsTM2D/22/
Look there and you will see XP drivers listed for it.

[QUOTE=aslubeti;2761756]7B means you have a driver problem with your HDD controller.[/QUOTE]
If they didn’t use the Asus drivers for the XP model then no amount of help we give here will fix their problem.