BSOD Problems

Hello everybody,

I am having problems with the blue screen of death.

I keep getting it once in a while, I ran memtest, once it finished it had no errors.

I have been able to get the most recent 2 error codes.

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000402, 0xC000AC98, 0x232DA886, 0x4000AC98

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

And the second one…

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000014, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x81C3F730

IRQC_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Does anybody know whats happening?

Thanks,
Taylor

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Usually the best way to find the culprit is to remove all components but the indispensable ones and then add the other components one at time to find the one that causes problems.

Start installing on the mainboard only CPU, RAM, video card, hard disk and keyboard. If the computer runs smoothly, then add an optical drive, then a PCI card, etc, until you find the component that causes the BSOD.

There is also the possibility that the RAM you are using are not compatible with your mainboard. Check in the vendor website of your mainboard if these RAM are compatible. Check also in the RAM producer website if there are known issues.

Another possibility is that you overclocked too much. Try to go into BIOS and reset all to default values. In most of cases this solve.

Moved to ‘General Hardware’ forum :slight_smile:

Problems related to clock speeds would also show up in Memtest86, though often it has to be run for many hours/passes to see them.

You can Google the numbers and see articles on each set of numbers, i.e.: “0x0000000A”. Each set of numbers that follows that one is an additional pointer to the problem.

This could easily wind up being a driver or even software crash, as well as hardware. A lot depends on what you’re doing when it occurs. Running in safe mode for a while might help rule out hardware issues.