BSOD and ElbyCDIO.sys

vbimport

I had downloaded and installed the most recent versoin of AnyDvd for the 30 day trial run. The first 20 days or so it worked very well.

But for a couple of days now I have reinstalled it and everytime i reboot and it attempts to initiallize the program I get the BSOD with it saying that a corrupted file is trying to access the kernal registry. and it names ElbyCDIO.sys. I have downloaded the program several times to try and get new install files.

But I think this either came before I recieved a BSOD involving my Realtek Ethernet driver. But that problem is fixed now.

I did run the verifier program and i’m not sure if that would have done anything.

I unable to find the ElbyCDIO.dll or the ElbyCDIO.sys anywhere on my computer.

What could be the issue?

Thank you for you time.

[QUOTE=Zerhyn;2071348]OS: Windows Vista Ultimate x64

I had downloaded and installed the most recent versoin of AnyDvd for the 30 day trial run. The first 20 days or so it worked very well.

But for a couple of days now I have reinstalled it and everytime i reboot and it attempts to initiallize the program I get the BSOD with it saying that a corrupted file is trying to access the kernal registry. and it names ElbyCDIO.sys. I have downloaded the program several times to try and get new install files.

But I think this either came before I recieved a BSOD involving my Realtek Ethernet driver. But that problem is fixed now.

I did run the verifier program and i’m not sure if that would have done anything.

I unable to find the ElbyCDIO.dll or the ElbyCDIO.sys anywhere on my computer.

What could be the issue?

Thank you for you time.[/QUOTE]

It’s only a 21 day trial only not the 30 day trial your referring to after which you have to remove it or uninstall it completely. Usually if you uninstall the program if it not corrupted it should remove it’s application completely or so they say.

afaik it removes everything but the trial restriction. i believe its some kind of timestamped registry key, but i really dont know.

[QUOTE=Zeratul;2071638]afaik it removes everything but the trial restriction. i believe its some kind of timestamped registry key, but i really dont know.[/QUOTE]

I think there is some truth to that timestapmed registry from what I heard and read on cdfreaks.

Well at this point I like the program. But theoretically if i buy the program and can somehow enter the registration code. Should this problem cease?

And if I run the uninstall and then reinstall it. It crashes with the ElbyCDIO error right after installation without getting a chance to restart the computer. When you buy the program does it give you a different install file?