BSA claims reducing piracy would create new jobs

vbimport

BSA claims reducing piracy would create new jobs.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2010/09/x0J11.jpg[/newsimage]Can curbing piracy stimulate world economies and create jobs? According to a new assessment by the Business Software Alliance (BSA) reducing piracy would indeed do that, and by no small amount.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/bsa-claims-reducing-piracy-would-create-new-jobs-34406/](http://www.myce.com/news/bsa-claims-reducing-piracy-would-create-new-jobs-34406/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

…and protect the children, feed the hungry, save the planet, cure cancer, remove unwanted facial hair, etc. etc. etc…

Sounds more like propaganda from MPAA/RIAA again…boohoo maybe if they redo their model and kick out the CEO and put in better business model then they have nothing but themselves to blame for the problem…!!!

The RIAA and MPAA are still on CRACK! If all piracy stopped today, tha only ecconomic inpact would be that there would be a lot of MPAA/RIAA Lawyers and hackers out of work. Stopping piracy does not mean people will purchase more, producing good products will do more to increase jobs,

BSA = Bull Sh*t Always

[QUOTE=Kerroj;2544926]BSA = Bull Sh*t Always[/QUOTE]

:clap:

That should be the new name they should name themselves… :iagree:

‘Citizens claim creating new jobs would reduce piracy.’

Sounds more realistic to me.

RM

How many people who are coping dvds and music would go out and buy it they had to. I bet netflex and even local rental shops for movies would cut half there staff it people stop making copies. The reason movie companies allow netflex and local rental is that a little money is better than none.

They go beyond the multinational software publishing industry itself to affect distributors and service providers in local markets worldwide, starving them of spending that would create new jobs and generate much-needed tax revenues for governments.

Whuh?

Let’s read that again:

Starving them of spending that would create new jobs and generate much-needed tax revenues.

Starving them? Starving them of spending? And by spending more you would have created new jobs?

Can they show me an example of when i purchase some media i have created a job somewhere? Please add proof of concept.

If valid, i will purchase a dvd each and every week, thus creating a new job each and every week.
If all people (with jobs) would do the same, just once, we will all have created countless jobs, thus ending poverty in one week!

Isn’t it ridiculous what these companies think we would believe ,of course they believe what they say,don’t they?

no

Errr…and people who make hard disks and DVD/BluRay burners and all kinds of other stuff go out of business. Plus broadband won’t be as attractive either so ISP’s lose business thus staff. Offsets people. Offsets.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2545100]Isn’t it ridiculous what these companies think we would believe ,of course they believe what they say,don’t they?[/QUOTE]

Hell no!
They are paid very well to spew their propaganda, not to believe in it themselves.