Brushed Steel / Silver Finish

Hi all!

I have been wandering around the web for hours trying to find this out. I want to create a label/finish as close to this image as I can get. I have been seeing this more and more on newer dvd’s and have no idea how to reproduce the effects. I saw a thread about silver lightscribe but I have gave up searching for that product. If anyone has any ideas please help! Thank you!

Silver inkjet is as close as you’ll come, but it’s not that similar. Those type DVD labels are silk screened on with what amounts to paint.

Thank you for your reply! I have researched the inkjet threads and I have decided to go in that route. I’m not going to try to replicate the image above anymore, just some quality color prints.

I figured I could ask here instead of starting a new thread, but I’m looking for the best inkjet printable DVD + or - R DL disk. I found one thread trying so search for dual layer watershields but that was a year old. So I was hoping you would know the best printable dual layer dvd±R disk,

Thank you!

[QUOTE=kingduris;2194141]Thank you for your reply! I have researched the inkjet threads and I have decided to go in that route. I’m not going to try to replicate the image above anymore, just some quality color prints.

I figured I could ask here instead of starting a new thread, but I’m looking for the best inkjet printable DVD + or - R DL disk. I found one thread trying so search for dual layer watershields but that was a year old. So I was hoping you would know the best printable dual layer dvd±R disk,

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Verbatim, but it’s not hub-printable.

Thank you,

and supposing I was looking for hub-printable I would probably lose quality in the print?

What about Ritek-RiDATA disks? I have no experience with any of their media so maybe Dan can chime in on if they are any good or not. I’ve also seen Philips and/or ProDisk SpinX hub printable dual layer but again I personally don’t know anything about either brand. I was thinking about ordering some ProDisk single layer silver hub printable I haven’t “pulled the trigger” so to speak.

[QUOTE=kingduris;2194376]Thank you,

and supposing I was looking for hub-printable I would probably lose quality in the print?[/QUOTE]

With DL media, anything but Verbatim is a crap shoot as far as winding up with a readable disc. YMMV, it’s very dependent on your burner and the specific media.