Broken Sword III is out!

Broken Sword II:

PC Format Nov 1997 “…and when you’re approaching the end you’re stricken by a feeling that it hasn’t lasted long enough. That’s no critisism of its size, more a testament to the titles quality. Broken Sword 2 keeps you playing for hours, non-stop, with its rich seam of imagination, its ingenuity and flawless presentation.”

PC Gaming World Nov. 1997 “This is a game which fires up the imagination, challenges the grey matter, entertains and intrigues. If anyone needs to know what constitutes a great adventure, look no further. Smokin Mirror is by far the best adventure Revolution - and indeed, Britain, has produced to date.”

George Stobart for ever!: “…and when you’re approaching the end you’re stricken by a feeling that it hasn’t lasted long enough. That’s no critisism of its size, more a testament to the titles quality

I think Broken Sword III is going to keep me lots of hours sleepless.

BTW, anyone that hasn’t played it, hasn’t really played a GAME! :wink:

Take a look here : Broken Sword III

Just as i bought Broken Sword I and II, i will buy this one as well.

Unfortunately i never could entirely solve Broken Sword I because it always hanged right after i got that cup from the old lady.

Broken Sword II though was very cool and i hope to see more of the same interface.

53MB trailer :eek: :eek: This better be good…

Broken Sword I and II are really nice games. The only thing I hated about it was the speed (quite slow!), but the story was good. Interesting and perfectly complicated :slight_smile:

We have a clear and exciting vision for the next generation of adventure games. The advance in technology finally allows us to create a visually stunning game with a strong atmosphere and plot that exploits the opportunities of a full 3D world

Hmm , when people start doing actual 3D in adventures it usually sucks. I hope this is better 3D than the Alone In The Dark series for instance. And a better interface than Gabriel Knight III has.

//edit//

Well , after watching the 54 mb trailer , i can say it looks like a promising interface , but the moving objects are sure moonwalking along the game :). It’s a pain to see George almost “slide” over pavements , not really a natural thing :). And what about some footprints after walking through mud ?

I dunno … looks a little too slick

//end of edit//

The problem with todays adventures is mostly focused on the graphics department.The companies seem unable to find a proper 3D engine.

The Broken Swords were great adventures with great graphics for their release time.
While GK3 didn’t meet the expectations of the fans about the graphics even though the script was superb.

I don’t care about graphics in Adventures. Storyline is the most important factor!

To be hounest, I like the old LucasArts games for their graphics (VGA, like Indy 4) better than the modern adventures… simple is fine with me :slight_smile:

The plot in Gabriel Knight III was indeed interesting , but the end just sucked… one big vampire thing and that was it… no more adventuring …

The graphic part however…beautiful

The church of Rennes-Le-Chateau in Gabriel Knight III was absolutely stunning. I sure hope Broken Sword III will have similair details.

Since both Gabriel Knight III and Broken Sword I had a plot involving the Templar Knights i’ve been reading about that stuff… pretty interesting.

I hope they will make more adventures regarding the templar knights.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
[B]The plot in Gabriel Knight III was indeed interesting , but the end just sucked… one big vampire thing and that was it… no more adventuring …

[/B]

The ending part wasn’t only focused on vampires … The ending is where you find out why Gabriel Knight was chosen to be gifted with psychic powers.

Also the part on which he talks with J.Christ upon the cross was interesting and unexpected.

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]I don’t care about graphics in Adventures. Storyline is the most important factor!

To be hounest, I like the old LucasArts games for their graphics (VGA, like Indy 4) better than the modern adventures… simple is fine with me :slight_smile: [/B]

I agree - Indy 4 was great.
But on those days adventures had graphics ahead of their time , while now most companies are trying to make Lara Croft adventures :confused:
I think that hand crafted graphics are better suited for adventure games and much more realistic sometimes.