Broken smilies, potentially sluggish site performance [13 February 2014]

vbimport

I’ve seen a few reports of broken smilies, and can verify. (The images can’t be found if they don’t exist in browser cache). Just thought I’d start a thread to discuss what’s being seen, to hopefully help provide a resolution.

Also, I’m getting sluggish site performance, but I may be alone in that.

[QUOTE=Albert;2719252]Also, I’m getting sluggish site performance, but I may be alone in that.[/QUOTE]

Nope…you’re not alone…

Ok Albert ,
Here from the link in the catbox.
I’m getting the infamous X in a small white square instead of seeing smilies.
In the “Advanced” post area the selection box shows the X in a small white square with the name of the smily in text beside it.
I have had a few slow windows but overall the speed has been OK.
I’m using IE 9 .

I also tried Opera & it is not loading the catbox at all .
The line with “Quick Links , New Posts ,etc” changes to different names when left clicked & doesn’t work . This Opera is the latest version.

I uninstalled FF a couple of weeks ago so I can’t test with it.

Ouch, thanks for reporting guys. This is because we switched to Google Pagespeed for the frontpage and the image server yesterday. It seems to be more drastic than anticipated. I will make sure we switch the forum to Pagespeed too, which hopefully also increases performance a bit in the end.

Again thanks for reporting, thanks to this I can take the appropiate action!

Pagespeed is now enabled for the forum too. It will take some before it is available for everyone. It’s based on DNS which needs to be updated by everyone’s ISP. Once that’s done, usually within a couple of hours, you will hopefully see images back and improved performance. (My ISP needs to update too, so I can’t test yet)

testing 123

Got this after my first login attempt this morning

Got in when I tried again

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, this could be an issue I need to fix…

And this is another test

Test with Opera post

IE 9 seems to be performing fine now for me on the forum.

Opera my spare browser is still having problems.
The catbox just stays “Loading” . Smilie pulldown doesn’t work but the buttons do.
Forum posting works on the “Post Quick Reply” but none of the icon buttons do .
The “Go Advanced” just goes to a blank page.
“Edit” works.
This is the first time I’ve tried Opera here for a while & I had never tried the newest version here . So it may be an Opera problem .

This bar is also not workingin Opera.
It starts as this:

When I click"Quick Links" it changes to this:

Directly after login,hitting the new posts button (only once):

“This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 10 seconds.”

Almost the same for me.
I usually am still logged in or I have done a cleanup & need to login.
I usually use “Quick Links” & “Today’s Posts”.
Like roadworker one click & I get the same message first time.

Once again thanks for reporting guys, unfortunately I don’t have time to fix it right now, but I’ll do it asap. Sorry for the inconvenience and I’ll make fixing this top priority.

Not exactly an ideal solution but I suppose the temporary workaround is not to log out in the meantime.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2719587]Not exactly an ideal solution but I suppose the temporary workaround is not to log out in the meantime.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]
I don’t usually log out but I don’t save any cookies when I do a clean up. So I have to login most of the time.

On the Opera problems : I think it is the Java settings on my desktop because it works on the laptop.

As we’re using Google Pagespeed there was an issue where all IPs were the same (from Google), I’ve fixed that. This should take care of login issues. I can’t reproduce the search for new posts issues. Can you please try again after clearing caching, in a new browser window and tell me if the issue continues to persist?

Solved @ my end,DoMi!!!:iagree:
THX!!!:clap:

All seems to be working correctly now in IE9.
As above I think it is the Java restrictions I have on the Opera browser on my desktop. Most of the time those work . I guess Google Pagespeed depends on Java someway.
I use less strict control on the laptop & Opera works on this site.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2719537]Directly after login,hitting the new posts button (only once):

“This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 10 seconds.”[/QUOTE] I have been getting this message for a while now every time I go to Club Myce after having been away for a while and click the New Posts link. I never logout and I’m using Firefox.

I can see that New Posts page (http://club.myce.com/search.php?do=getnew) gets immediately redirected to another page with something like &modpagespeed=parameter added at the end (I don’t have the link handy right now, so this is not the exact parameter/value).

It’s getting really annoying.

EDIT: The New Posts page is redirected to: http://club.myce.com/search.php?do=getnew&ModPagespeed=noscript

search.php?do=getnew&ModPagespeed=noscript

See post #10 .
I’m using IE9 & it loads with the lower image . It used to work fine .
Opera v 12 still works the same as in the post.
IE10 didn’t work well wioth Vista so I rolled it back.
I didn’t like the “Google Chrome” copy of the newer Opera versions so this is the one I’m going to use.
I’m not sure if it can be fixed but if it can I would appreciate it.
The way it is forum navigation is a bit more difficult.