BroadBand Topic

vbimport

Why not create a Broadband topic so it gives other users a chance to have their say about the good and the bad. It will be usefull for people needing help with poor download speeds etc.

ADSL in the UK is normally a 512kbps d/l and 640 kbps u/l connection for about £23.99 pm. Bit poor to be honest, downloads through irc are terrible, if you drop below 50kbps they drop your connection.

Now a new ISP has opened the door for users wanting high speed connection for d/l and u/l. They are offering a 1meg = 5.5mbit and 2meg = 11mbit, which is pretty good.

Seems expensive from what I have read, so I have just signed with pipex.com so I should be up and running b4 the end of the month, bye bye too 56k dial up :slight_smile:

Here is a 150% legal url where users can go and have a read and see if it fits the bill.

http://www.nildram.com/

Greetz The Diplomat :face2:

This and a few others threads discuss broadband internet.

I will install one or two Ntopia lines to my office. FTTH is more reliable than ADSL, VDSL, and cable. I have encountered no connection loss so far.

If I left 56K behind for broadband, I fear the internet would take over my life more than it has already. I’ve got to the stage where I feel nervous if I’m at home and not downloading something.

Originally posted by intercept
[B]Why not create a Broadband topic so it gives other users a chance to have their say about the good and the bad. It will be usefull for people needing help with poor download speeds etc.

ADSL in the UK is normally a 512kbps d/l and 640 kbps u/l connection for about £23.99 pm. Bit poor to be honest, downloads through irc are terrible, if you drop below 50kbps they drop your connection.

Where do you get this from? ADSL is normally 512Kbps down and 256up - never seen those figures before. Maybe that crap ISP you are quoting from is the problem. I use IRC on ADSL and I can get things from a couple of KB/s to 62KB/s. I may not frequent the dodgy movie IRC channels / Fserves you may be on about. Still, I know people who are in queues and get stuff real slow - they do not drop off.

Now a new ISP has opened the door for users wanting high speed connection for d/l and u/l. They are offering a 1meg = 5.5mbit and 2meg = 11mbit, which is pretty good.

Seems expensive from what I have read, so I have just signed with pipex.com so I should be up and running b4 the end of the month, bye bye too 56k dial up :slight_smile:

Here is a 150% legal url where users can go and have a read and see if it fits the bill.

http://www.nildram.com/

Greetz The Diplomat :face2: [/B]

Yes icey? :confused:

Somebody’s trigger happy, or should I say quote happy?

I fear what I’d have to use when I am in another country.