British Police displays anti-piracy warnings on illegal websites

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: British Police displays anti-piracy warnings on illegal websites[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/07/myce-pipcu-ads-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

The London Police has started to show piracy warnings on websites distributing pirated music and movies. The warnings appear on the websites where normally are other advertisements. The warning calls the users to leave the page.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/british-police-displays-anti-piracy-warnings-on-illegal-websites-72293](http://www.myce.com/news/british-police-displays-anti-piracy-warnings-on-illegal-websites-72293)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Hmmm… The best way to get people to do “something” is to tell them they shouldn’t be doing that “something.”

so exactly who is telling these dopes what sites are illegal then? and what compensation is going to be payed to those sites that are marked ‘by mistake’, because you can bet your arse that if there was one entertainment industries site blocked by some other, they would expect to get the maximum possible!! and dont forget that what they are doing, without supplying comparable alternatives, isn’t sending anyone to buy from the high street or from elsewhere on the 'net. it ends up with nothing being gleaned and no one gaining a damn thing!!

The world is suffer from a severe case of crony capitalism which is defined:

“[B]… an economy in which success in business depends on close relationships between business people and government officials. It may be exhibited by favoritism in the distribution of legal permits, government grants, special tax breaks, or other forms of state interventionism.[/B]”

I will take my capitalism straight up with no mixers. I wonder how long the average person paying the tab (both in money and personal freedom) for all this BS will become fed up with it. I know I am already there.

With all the scam ads on such sites, I doubt most users would think any different about this ad. Particularly if one day they see “You’re today’s iPad winner!!!”, the next day “Congratulations, you’ve won a Caribbean cruise!” and the next day they see “This website has been reported to the police”. They may be thinking “It’s about time that stupid ad site has been shutdown by the police!” without giving any thought to linking it to the website they’re on.

I know if I saw such a banner without hearing about this news, I would assume the police has shut down the site serving the banner ads.

Well… there goes free speech and free press. I guess those weren’t important, anyway. After all, it’s not like people are dying in other countries to protect such rights.

Meanwhile, in our universe, these rights are absolutely fundamental for anyone who values his/her freedom. Not to mention these are the only known defenses against a government that willingly does something it shouldn’t be doing.

TS, people are being led like lemmings over a cliff by their governments regarding personal freedom and individual rights. The more they let them take away the more costly it will be to restore them.