British Phonographic Industry to start sueing individual downloaders?

I just posted the article British Phonographic Industry to start sueing individual downloaders?.

GristyMcFisty lets us know that the Executive
Chairman of the British Phonographic Industry, Mr. Jamieson, has said that the anti-piracy organization may follow the RIAA in the U.S.
and…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6714-British-Phonographic-Industry-to-start-sueing-individual-downloaders.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6714-British-Phonographic-Industry-to-start-sueing-individual-downloaders.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

They will be threatening to sue everyone with a tape deck on their Hi-Fi next. I mean no one has ever used one of those to break copyright have they?

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah … I do not download music nor do I buy many CDs as there just isn’t anything worth buying, I go to live concerts and I like Acoustic music, there are exceptions to my none buying habits namely Ezio and David Gray, but they don’t bring out albums that often so I won’t be buying much, however if the record labels started to release cheap DVDs or CDs of concerts I would have a few more options, and they would have a few more of my pounds!

So !! we’re anarchists now !!..obviously the poms are either too arrogant or too stupid to take note of the backlash happening in the states…

So !! we’re anarchists now !!..obviously the poms are either too arrogant or too stupid to take note of the backlash happening in the states…:X

sorry 'bout that…itchy trigger finger…:X

It will probably be a little more difficult to do in the UK (and more expensive) due to the way our laws work. Subpeona’s do not exist in the same way the US has. To take a P2P user to task in the UK requires rather more procedural paperwork. I am not ruling it out that they could do so however. Will just have to wait and see I guess. Bit stupid since broadband is in it’s early stages in the UK and they will stunt it’s growth by pursuing file sharers.

The whole thing is dumb.