Bricked drive

vbimport

Im not sure if this is in the right forum, but the drive im having problems with is the PBDS DH-16W1S. Apparently it is a Liteon Clone.

I was trying to flash it and it failed, now all I get is a blinking LED and no response.

It isn’t seen in windows, it isn’t seen in the BIOS and it isn’t seen in XFS or MTKflash because im pretty sure they don’t support SATA drives.

It is not an IDE-SATA converter in the drive, it native SATA.

If I can get any help, it would be fantastic. I know it isnt a very good drive but im not in the position to buy one just yet, and it would be great if I could get this fixed.

Thanks.

Usually when a sata flash goes south, the drive is hosed.

Man, that sucks. Thanks anyway.

Atleast I can get rid of this piece of trash now.

Hi,quote=Skyfallkavu;2157698having problems with is the PBDS DH-16W1S. Apparently it is a Liteon Clone.

I was trying to flash it and it failed, (…)

It isn’t seen in windows, it isn’t seen in the BIOS and it isn’t seen in XFS or MTKflash because im pretty sure they don’t support SATA drives.

It is not an IDE-SATA converter in the drive, it native SATA.[/quote]How is your Sata controller configured in BIOS? Maybe setting to “IDE compatible” will make the drive accessible for XFS or MTKflash.

Also try this: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f44/liteon-flash-tool-xsf-supports-all-serial-flash-models-160914/index2.html#post1661230

Michael