BREAKING: DVDFab website blocked by movie industry

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: BREAKING: DVDFab website blocked by movie industry[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/04/dvdfab-thumbnail.png[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/breaking-dvdfab-website-blocked-by-movie-industry-70729

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Brilliant move by the movie industry.

Before the block:
1a. Pay for movie on DVD/Blu-ray
2a. Rip and encode movie to MP4/MKV file
3. Watch movie

After the block:
1b. Don’t pay for movie
2b. Download movie illegally
3. Watch movie

I’m sure this is exactly what the movie industry needs to get less people to buy their movies.

Sad news though and it’s sorry to see all this unfolding.

I’ve used DVDFab for years now and it would be sad to see it go. :frowning:

Let’s hope it doesn’t come to that.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Well sure hope they change this phone home on dvdfab 9 because if they are shut down then have thousands of users with worthless program

Well they’re currently working to circumvent any problems and sincerely I hope they’re successful.

Certain servers are still accessible though so if anyone wants to get hold of the latest 9.1.3.1. version see here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I think DVDFab will survive just fine, you don’t actually think this is the first time the movie Industry tried to shut down a program do you?:wink:

Update: We’ve found some documents from a NY court that lists DVDFab, the plaintiff is the AACS LA LCC. The takedown seems to be targeted at multiple domains, including RipperBlu-ray.com, DVDFabb.com. Apparently the AACS LA was unable to find the real names of DVDFab, as names listed are John Doe, Jane Doe, XYZ Company etc.

Darn they didn’t read the small print on agreement on assigned domain names , ICANN will step in next.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2721930]I think DVDFab will survive just fine, you don’t actually think this is the first time the movie Industry tried to shut down a program do you?;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah we all know how this game is played. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

No company should have there business affected this way, I own a Domain and Hosting business and the AACS and mainly ICANN send out notifications once a year to verify the ownership of all domain name .and who to contact .

sorry to see this happen To let you know ICANN even spanks harder . . I would say start buying all associated domain names around the world. and all with private registrations Good Luck

Again this shows were the real power lies in world order…:Z
Governements can roll their muscles as much as they want,but it’s the corporations who bribe them where the real power is…

they already shut the new one down too http://en.dvdfab.jp the forum is still working or was 30 seconds ago.

it is working again now must have been a glitch connecting

Seems that more and more places become aware of this coup:

I read that a couple hours ago great article not good news but lets all wish Dvdfab the best and I am pretty sure in the end they will find a permanent solution to the problem.:wink:

I too prefer DVDFab, as there are only a few programs out there capable of decrypting modern DVD’s. IDK about the rest of you, but I’d rather be forced to watch the latest moves on TV (or not at all), than be forced to not decrypt them. Movies that I can’t backup aren’t even worth using as paper weights, let alone “quality” entertainment.

I like DVDFab because it is - at least as far as I know - the only program that is able to re-encode BD50 to BD25

[QUOTE=Liggy;2721959]I like DVDFab because it is - at least as far as I know - the only program that is able to re-encode BD50 to BD25[/QUOTE]
BD Rebuilder will also do that, and they did it before DVDFab brought their software out and it’s still free

[QUOTE=Adbear;2721960]BD Rebuilder will also do that, and they did it before DVDFab brought their software out and it’s still free[/QUOTE]
Oops. Missed the 3D part in my post. I meant BD50-3D -> BD25-3D :o

For 2D sources I already use BD Rebuilder myself.

BD Rebuilder added full 3D support back in January.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2722013]Oops. Missed the 3D part in my post. I meant BD50-3D -> BD25-3D :o

For 2D sources I already use BD Rebuilder myself.[/QUOTE]

Really? Need to read the update history. :wink:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2722014]BD Rebuilder added full 3D support back in January.[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it… :doh:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2722014]BD Rebuilder added full 3D support back in January.[/QUOTE]

no it didn’t. Jdobbs added 3D support for MOVIE-ONLY!!! so far, he’s still working internally on adding full disc support. He said he has achieved some success on his own, but there is no public version yet with that support