Brands and disc types that are fake Taiyo Yudens

vbimport

Look on the inner rings of your blank media. In very small print there should be numerical and alpha codes.

:cool::cool:

from the outer to the inner:

GH000911 0708 (readable looking from the “emulsion” layer)

4E824A300096GH BE8 (readable looking from the “other” layer)

Doesn’t seem like a fake set of numbers.

No fakes :disagree:

something very good is that this TY from nierle are good for my Wii. And this is not so common for me.

Here in Brazil, for some reason, most of the known brands are fake TYG02. They don’t pretend to be TY, though, they just use the media code. Probably they don’t want to mess with getting their own media code.

I have a bunch here and some of them are actually somewhat decent.

Here’s a list of brand names that are fake TYG02 (probably found in Brazil only):

Angte DVD-R 8x
Aone DVD-R 8x
Bulk DVD-R 8x
Egital DVD-R 8x
ELLCom DVD-R 8x
Nipponic DVD-R 8x
Vegatronic DVD-R 8x

Nipponic and Bulk are the worst ones. All the others are good for non-critical use. All of them work on my Wii (except for the ELLCom, despite it burning fairly well), but it has a hard time reading Nipponic.

[QUOTE=vampiresucker;1925788]Is a FAKE??

http://www.nierle3.com/s01.php?sid=PG002653379246073123067924607312&shopid=s01&cur=eur&sp=en&ag=1&os=1&br=1&pp=aa&bnr=4561

Nierle Media.[/QUOTE]

this are value or premium ty??

[QUOTE=acid06;2118336]Here in Brazil, for some reason, most of the known brands are fake TYG02. They don’t pretend to be TY, though, they just use the media code. Probably they don’t want to mess with getting their own media code.

I have a bunch here and some of them are actually somewhat decent.

Here’s a list of brand names that are fake TYG02 (probably found in Brazil only):

Angte DVD-R 8x
Aone DVD-R 8x
Bulk DVD-R 8x
Egital DVD-R 8x
ELLCom DVD-R 8x
Nipponic DVD-R 8x
Vegatronic DVD-R 8x

Nipponic and Bulk are the worst ones. All the others are good for non-critical use. All of them work on my Wii (except for the ELLCom, despite it burning fairly well), but it has a hard time reading Nipponic.[/QUOTE]
Hi,
could you make a photos/scans of discs and their bottoms, or post a stamper & serial codes? It seems that most of these media are made in Brazil. Photos and numbers should help to identify the real manufacturers of these media.
For example Nipponic is a brand name of Videolar and Vegatronic discs are made by another Brazilian company, Vegatronic.

Anybody know if these are fake, I’ve been trying to burn using them for a good while now and have never had a decent burn. Here’s a pic of dvd’s im using.

And here’s the Url of the details.

http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/mirror-16x-dvd-r-branded-47gb-blank-dvd-r-discs-cellowrap-1-mirror006.htm

[QUOTE=WeirdoFreak;2155268]Anybody know if these are fake, I’ve been trying to burn using them for a good while now and have never had a decent burn. Here’s a pic of dvd’s im using.

And here’s the Url of the details.

http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/mirror-16x-dvd-r-branded-47gb-blank-dvd-r-discs-cellowrap-1-mirror006.htm[/QUOTE]

100% fake.
Could tell me the stamper/hub codes and maybe provide a scan/picture of those please? :flower:

[QUOTE=Womi;2155283]100% fake.
Could tell me the stamper/hub codes and maybe provide a scan/picture of those please? :flower:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply, well that’s good to know now, i thought it was my firmware. How do find out what the stamper/hub codes are. Sorry im not very advanced at this.

[QUOTE=WeirdoFreak;2155288]Thanks for the reply, well that’s good to know now, i thought it was my firmware. How do find out what the stamper/hub codes are. Sorry im not very advanced at this.[/QUOTE]

Sorry i think I know what your on about now.

7270446-RED000022080. Does that sound write, if there no use for burning movies can they be used for anything else.

[QUOTE=WeirdoFreak;2155292]Sorry i think I know what your on about now.

7270446-RED000022080. Does that sound write, if there no use for burning movies can they be used for anything else.[/QUOTE]

Is that the code on the transparent hub in the middle or the code that’s stamped in the purple write side of the disc?

[QUOTE=Womi;2155298]Is that the code on the transparent hub in the middle or the code that’s stamped in the purple write side of the disc?[/QUOTE]

That’s what’s on the transparent hub in the middle.

On the purple part it says: Z00530 DVDMINUSR16x

I think thats what it says, its kind of hard to make out.

[QUOTE=WeirdoFreak;2155303]That’s what’s on the transparent hub in the middle.

On the purple part it says: Z00530 DVDMINUSR16x

I think thats what it says, its kind of hard to make out.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just as expected, typical Made in China fakes :iagree:

Should be fine for every-day use, but I wouldnt store any important data on them.

May I know the exact [B]MID code[/B] of these:
" Mirror 16x DVD-R - Branded 4.7GB Blank DVD-R Discs - Cellowrap - 100 Discs "

[QUOTE=franz99;2156417]May I know the exact [B]MID code[/B] of these:
" Mirror 16x DVD-R - Branded 4.7GB Blank DVD-R Discs - Cellowrap - 100 Discs "[/QUOTE]

How do would I find this out? Another thing I noticed when trying to burn a movie, sometimes it would burn the first few chapters and then fail. The DVD worked grand in my player and it was good quality, but only the first few chapters recorded. I’ve sent away for some Re-Writables to see if they work, should be arriving any day now.

[QUOTE=WeirdoFreak;2156447]How do would I find this out ? [/QUOTE]

Of course the MID code of these is not indicated on the web shop here:
http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/acatalog/mirror-16x-dvd-r-branded-47gb-blank-dvd-r-discs-cellowrap-1-mirror006.htm

But I was thinking that you that you know for sure that they have a MID code from Taiyo Yuden (such as TYG03)
just because you have been posting here in a thread concerning TY fakes

I have some [B]DVD+R 16x[/B] of the same Mirror label and their MID code is [B]MBIPG101-R05 : nothing to do with Taiyo Yuden ![/B]

The hub and stamper codes provided are MBI codes. I don’t believe MBI fakes TY codes, and since the +R are MBI…I’m thinking the Mirror -R under discussion will also have MBI codes, and this is a misplaced discussion. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Albert;2156513]

I’m thinking [B]the Mirror -R under discussion will also have MBI codes[/B], and this is a misplaced discussion. :)[/QUOTE]
I have the same opinion