Branded TY CD-R?

Where can I find a list or database that’ll tell which brands are TY CD-R?
I’ve heard mention of Fuji and Sony, but is there a way to tell if they’re TY before opening them? I’m familiar with TY dvd media and know how to ID them, but I’m in unfamiliar territory when it comes to their CD-R media.

Thanks for your help:bigsmile:

[B]Walmart[/B] Maxell CD-R ( [B]Look for made in Japan[/B] )
[B]Walgreen[/B] and [B]Staples[/B] Sony Music CD-R 30pack ( also check Made in japan )
[B]Rite Aid[/B] Parmacy or [B]K-Mart[/B] Fuji 50pack CD-R ( Very few …??? Made in Japan )

Many thanks:bigsmile:

Basically, for CD-Rs, if it’s made in Japan and branded, it’s TY.

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2116496][B]Walmart[/B] Maxell CD-R ( [B]Look for made in Japan[/B] )
[B]Walgreen[/B] and [B]Staples[/B] Sony Music CD-R 30pack ( also check Made in japan )
[B]Rite Aid[/B] Parmacy or [B]K-Mart[/B] Fuji 50pack CD-R ( Very few …??? Made in Japan )[/QUOTE]

Hi

I saw some MIJ Sony branded TY CD-R at [B]Circuit City[/B]

NBK

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2116496][B]Walmart[/B] Maxell CD-R ( [B]Look for made in Japan[/B] )
[B]Rite Aid[/B] Parmacy or [B]K-Mart[/B] Fuji 50pack CD-R ( Very few …??? Made in Japan )[/QUOTE]

The Maxells at Walmart are usually the Pro line. At least all of the ones that I have found are anyways. :wink:

Yeah. Maxell Pro discs are always MIJ. None of the other Maxell discs found at WalMart [there are other types which are Ritek & such and usually OK] are, to my knowledge [Taiyo Yuden discs].

[QUOTE=Albert;2117559]Yeah. Maxell Pro discs are always MIJ. None of the other Maxell discs found at WalMart [there are other types which are Ritek and usually OK] are, to my knowledge.[/QUOTE]

Your right Albert
I just check three walmart store They don’t have any Maxell MIJ CD-R :doh:
Hmmm It is all gone …

I have found MIJ Maxell Photo media at WalMart. 25-packs, and also 5-packs IIRC.

This is really sad. What happened to the Fuji TY 50-pack?! I can’t believe we’re happy to pay more money for fewer disks!

well, I ran out to Staples and all I found was MIT, MII and MIM stuff. Couldn’t find any MIJ anywhere. Next stop BB, CC, OD, then OM and maybe WM.:sad:

Office Depot, like WalMart, also carries the Maxell Pro CD-R by Taiyo Yuden…try those 2 places.

[QUOTE=camellote;2117598]I have found MIJ Maxell Photo media at WalMart. 25-packs, and also 5-packs IIRC.[/QUOTE]

I saw Maxell Photo CD-R 25pack ( New ) ealry this year ( My area )
today Not anymore
May Rite Aid got some old stock FUJI CD-R 50pack ( MIJ $9.99 )
also can find FUJI TYG02 and T02 ( 10pack slim case $9.99 my area still got some stock FUJI MIJ DVD media )

Albert,

Thanks for the tip. I’ll give them a shot tomorrow. Is the reason for the scarcity of Branded TY CD-R is that manufacturers no longer use them and we’re just locating the leftovers out there or is it they only use it on their premium line CD-R’s?

Thanks again

[QUOTE=negritude;2117607]This is really sad. What happened to the Fuji TY 50-pack?! I can’t believe we’re happy to pay more money for fewer disks![/QUOTE]

We’re not, hence the reason why I will be going with unbranded TY from now on (unless there is a good sale going somewhere).

[QUOTE=fsh42na;2117760]Albert,

Thanks for the tip. I’ll give them a shot tomorrow. Is the reason for the scarcity of Branded TY CD-R is that manufacturers no longer use them and we’re just locating the leftovers out there or is it they only use it on their premium line CD-R’s?

Thanks again[/QUOTE]Taiyo Yuden is more expensive. The few things you find like the Sony Music CD-R and the Maxell Pro CD-R are not leftovers, but you have to pay a premium for them because they’re TY [over the other brands using Ritek, CMC, etc]. Most everything else that may happen to be MIJ is leftovers.