Brand New Vizio TV Remote Not Working

vbimport

I have a Vizio VT420M HDTV and had to replace the remote since the old one got lost. It had been working perfectly fine with my TV. I got a brand new replacement remote which is exactly identical to the old one. The new remote does not work however. None of the functions on it work at all. It is completely dead as far as my TV is concerned. I have checked all of the obvious things, such as putting in fresh, brand new batteries, making sure the remote was set to operate the TV, having a clear line of sight path to the TV etc.but it still doesn’t work. I checked the Vizio user manual for my TV and it states that there is no programming required for the remote since it was built specifically for my TV.

The only thing I can think of at this point is that it is defective. I find that unlikely however but it seems like the only option left at this point. Is there something I am missing? I am completely stumped at this point. Thanks for any feedback.

Do you have an electronic camera? Point the remote at it and press a button. You should see the LED in the remote flashing.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2700849]Do you have an electronic camera? Point the remote at it and press a button. You should see the LED in the remote flashing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. I have a Canon digital camera which I turned on. I pointed the LED end of the Vizio remote at the camera’s lens then watched it through the viewfinder but there was no LED flash from the Vizio remote. I tried the same thing with 3 different remotes from other devices and could see the LED’s flashing on each of them.

I presume that no LED flashing through the camera means that the Vizio remote is defective.

Are the batteries in backwards? Neither of my Vizio remotes are too clearly marked.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2700861]Are the batteries in backwards? Neither of my Vizio remotes are too clearly marked.[/QUOTE]

They are in correctly. That was the first thing I checked. I can’t think of anything else that would be causing this situation except a “dead” remote. I contacted the seller that I bought them from. He is sending a replacement ASAP so I will see how that works. Thanks again.

[QUOTE=Tumbleweed1;2700853]I presume that no LED flashing through the camera means that the Vizio remote is defective.[/QUOTE]

If you did not see a blueish light, that means the infrared signal is not working properly.

:cool::cool:

[QUOTE=Tumbleweed1;2700904]They are in correctly. That was the first thing I checked. I can’t think of anything else that would be causing this situation except a “dead” remote. I contacted the seller that I bought them from. He is sending a replacement ASAP so I will see how that works. Thanks again.[/QUOTE]
Try different batteries, I had a Vizio 32" wall mounted and the remote sucked so I changed the batteries and it still was poor, so I tried the cable remote and that worked fine, so I changed the batteries one more time with a new pack and bent out the sensors on the remote that the + and the dash touch and it worked great.