Brand new pc build reboots about 30 sec after it's started

vbimport

Hi, me and a friend bought new computer components yesterday. After building his witch worked just fine, we started on mine witch had the exact same components. So after all the components are connected we put in the power cable and boots it without keyboard or screen. After about 30 seconds it shutts off and then turns back on and so forth… what is the problem? can anyone please help? :frowning:

thx

[QUOTE=deffler;2591033]Hi, me and a friend bought new computer components yesterday. After building his witch worked just fine, we started on mine witch had the exact same components. So after all the components are connected we put in the power cable and boots it without keyboard or screen. After about 30 seconds it shutts off and then turns back on and so forth… what is the problem? can anyone please help? :frowning:

thx[/QUOTE]

Did you make sure all connections are securely attached and firmly seated? Also make sure all cards are seated correctly and components connections are tight. Also we need to know your hardware specs to know what is going on as well. Just giving general problems doesn’t tell much of what is going on. Remember we can’t mind read on here.

Sounds like it might be a problem with the cpu heatsink/fan. Modern computers will shut down quickly if the fan on the cpu heatsink isn’t working, or if the cpu is heating up beyond the safe limit.

Check to make sure the heatsink is properly attached. And you might need to replace the thermal interface between the cpu and the heatsink.

Yo-

Why are you booting up without the keyboard and monitor?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2591129]Sounds like it might be a problem with the cpu heatsink/fan. Modern computers will shut down quickly if the fan on the cpu heatsink isn’t working, or if the cpu is heating up beyond the safe limit.

Check to make sure the heatsink is properly attached. And you might need to replace the thermal interface between the cpu and the heatsink.[/QUOTE]

:iagree::iagree::iagree:
Also is the FSB and CPU multiplier set correctly for your CPU?
It does sound that what kerry says is probably right.
To aid diagnoses it would be helpful if the monitor, keyboard etc is connected so you can see what is happening.

It looks like we lost the OP, but on any new Build you start with the basics. Motherboard, Processor, Memory, Graphics Card, and Power, see if it POST and reads the Memory correctly. :cool: