BQFlasher

vbimport

Hi :slight_smile:
Congrats lawrywild. :iagree: :clap:
I missed your post yesterday (sorry).
But you got there in end anyway. :clap: :cool:

I tried doing a search and didn’t find an answer, so I was hoping someone could answer this for me. According to people on this board, what’s the “best” firmwares for the BenQ DW 1640, 1650, and 1655? By “best”, I mean the firmware that produces burned media with the lowest PIE/PIF. I’ll be using YUDEN000T02. Any responses will be much appreciated.

BSLB is the best all-around firmware - BSRB is best for burning double layer, from what I’ve read around here.

Welcome onboard natureboy. :iagree: :clap:
Not really the best place for your post,
Anyway the most common f/w for your media with the 1640. Would be BSLB.
As for the 1650/1655 models.
With true BenQ development in its death throws at that time.
The f/w never really developed. So little if any change with updating f/w.

Thanks for the reply, guys. Sorry this wasn’t the right place to post. Since we’re here already, maybe I could get some clarification. So, BLSB is best for the 1640. What about the 1650 and 1655? I’m assuming that they can’t use the same firmware, right?

For the 1650 - BCHC is good. Although in theory BCIC should be better.
I still prefer BCHC.
1655 - BCHB is preferred over the other f/w’s.
[B][U]BenQ official f/w[/U][/B]:

Hi there

I was given a Philips DVDR1648P1 which I cross flashed to a Benq 1640 with the firmware BSGB using WinDWFlash.

I primarily use Verbatim 16x DVD+R discs and I read with interest that the best all round firmware was ’ BSLB ’

I have checked the BenQ firmware site and have only found these updates … and was wondering where the BSLB version could be found.

Also if anyone would be good enough to recommend to me which firmware would be best suited for my needs.

Finally found it on the forum here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f92/new-benq-1640-firmware-bslb-available-147553/index25.html

Ftp link to all BenQ dvd-rw stock firmwares:

ftp://62.2.173.100/dvd-rw/firmware/

My apologies to OP for O/T.

Thanks for the link ValHall64

You can just copy the url from any firmware from benq site and rename it to say bslb instead of whatever but it appears twice in the url. BenQ still host the files not shown :slight_smile:

Thank you for this wonderful tool. I successfully crossflashed,( even although at the end BQF said Flash Command Failed), an EW1621 to DW1620. I have checked by flashing back a 1620 firmware & then reflashing to B7W9. :bow: :clap: :bow:

A question on WNASPI32.DLL. Quikee’s OP links to Nero6’s dll file. My EW164 works fine until one day I installed Nero7. It pumps out strange “media type selection” in DiscSpeed, if I have a DVD inside the drive. In addition, the burst rate seems to be stuck at 15MB/s, where it used to be 26MB/s.

I am thinking, should I use the latest Nero WNASPI32.DLL when doing firmware flashing? How is this DLL used during firmware flashing? Is some part of this DLL actually “burned” into the firmware, which seems to be a reasonable answer to what I am observing :slight_smile:

Thank you!

[QUOTE=yxy;2100383]A question on WNASPI32.DLL. Quikee’s OP links to Nero6’s dll file. My EW164 works fine until one day I installed Nero7. It pumps out strange “media type selection” in DiscSpeed, if I have a DVD inside the drive. In addition, the burst rate seems to be stuck at 15MB/s, where it used to be 26MB/s.

I am thinking, should I use the latest Nero WNASPI32.DLL when doing firmware flashing? How is this DLL used during firmware flashing? Is some part of this DLL actually “burned” into the firmware, which seems to be a reasonable answer to what I am observing :slight_smile:

Thank you![/QUOTE]

Well, i’m a bit outdated so, friends, please correct me if i’m wrong

well, let’s say, the WNASPI32.DLL only controls how the system communicates with the drive, so there’s no part of it actually written into the firmware, but it still does affect the way information are sent and received, and the way that the drive and system react towards each other.

so i would suggest, if you still have the WNASPI32.DLL from Nero 6 then place it in BQFlasher’s folder, and then reflash again with the firmware, IIRC this would solve the problem…

Current locations for the ASPI files:

ftp://ftp6.nero.com/wnaspi32.dll

and

http://www.frogaspi.org/download/wnaspi32.dll

Thanks for updated/working links [I]negritude[/I]. :flower:
But, if you visit Nero’s/Aheads homepage… there are some lagal issues (you are not allowed to use/implement wnaspi32 on non Nero apps).

Why not just use frogaspi. :iagree: :smiley:

[QUOTE=pinto2;2125200]Why not just use frogaspi. :iagree: :D[/QUOTE]

The second link I posted is to frogaspi, with it already renamed for compatibility purposes (if you download frogaspi, you have to rename it to wnaspi in order for it to work with BQFlasher. the link I posted has it renamed already).

Quikee,

Hope your still on this site, I’m having the same issue as bichonn in permalink 17 if this thread, I’m not sure how to fix it. I want to flash my 8601 to the 1620. can you help?

[QUOTE=ValHall64;2051556]Ftp link to all BenQ dvd-rw stock firmwares:

ftp://62.2.173.100/dvd-rw/firmware/[/QUOTE]

Which is better written as:

ftp://mx02.benq-eu.com/dvd-rw/firmware/

That makes it obvious that it’s an official site. :flower:

Sorry for O/T. :sad:

In that post I was linking to BenQ home ftp server, not to BenQ EU ftp.
ftp://62.2.173.100/dvd-rw/firmware/

And for sure it’s not better written as*; … :disagree:
Thanks. :flower: